fenix ld01 pocket clip and diffuser

exodus125

Enlightened
I am looking for ideas on a diffuser tip for a fenix ld01.
Also, if anyone knows where I can get a replacement pocket clip that would be great too.

exodus125

Enlightened
It's funny that you guys mention a chapstick cap. I got home and saw one sitting on the counter, slipped it on and it fits perfect, so snug in fact it makes a cork gun sound when you pull it off. Very nice.

P1000868.jpg

P1000870.jpg

edit: the solomon bar on that looks bad, but thats because the top was loose, I didnt know you are suppose to tighten the knot down, looks a lot better now. That was the first solomon bar I tied.

Last edited:

Pontiaker

Enlightened
It's funny that you guys mention a chapstick cap. I got home and saw one sitting on the counter, slipped it on and it fits perfect, so snug in fact it makes a cork gun sound when you pull it off. Very nice.

P1000868.jpg

P1000870.jpg

Thats cool! Now I have to start carrying one of these aroud too?:crackup:

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I can make a Ti pocket clip for you, it will be attached with screws.....Before we get the people jumping in here saying it cant be done in aluminum just send it to me, I'll do this one for free:crackup::D. If I screw it up I will replace it with a new one, the light that is.email me at [email protected]
Matt

Last edited:

exodus125

Enlightened
I can make a Ti pocket clip for you, it will be attached with screws.....Before we get the people jumping in here saying it cant be done in aluminum just send it to me, I'll do this one for free:crackup::D. If I screw it up I will replace it with a new one, the light that is.email me at [email protected]
Matt

email on the way, you better not be goofing...

the pictures of your work on the site are amazing by the way

exodus125

Enlightened
fenix has been shipped. Cant wait to see the end result :party:

on a side note, what an impressive light the LD01 is, by far the most impressive fenix flashlight I own. On a lithium battery this thing is almost as bright as my L1D running on an eneloop and the beam has more flood.

Last edited:

hatman

Enlightened
Yes, pics!

Also, can someone please post photos of the other clips mentioned?

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
on a side note, what an impressive light the LD01 is, by far the most impressive fenix flashlight I own. On a lithium battery this thing is almost as bright as my L1D running on an eneloop and the beam has more flood.

Oh man... no kidding! And if you think it's hot on a lithium primary, try a 10440 Li-Ion... incredible!

exodus125

Enlightened
I will have to try that. Quite honestly, I have a tk40 and an L2D as well, and if I could only have one light, id stay with the ld01. I like it that much.

h2oflyer

Enlightened
My favorite carry is my LD01SS on 10440. About 160 lumens and approx. 80% throw of my PD20. The SS came with a clip.

The best throw/inch of flashlight I've seen.

Walter

andrew123

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking forward to see how this clip will work out. I've went through three clips because they break all the time. I am also always scared they will fall off.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I will have to try that. Quite honestly, I have a tk40 and an L2D as well, and if I could only have one light, id stay with the ld01. I like it that much.

Is it true you can only run the tk40 on turbo for 15 mins at a time?

I like the power of the TK4o but I like the rotating bezel of the TK30 to change modes.

Which would you recommend?