DeWalt Flashlights

Blikbok

Enlightened
A buddy of mine identified me as a flashaholic and we got talking and he pointed out these beasts. He has some DeWalt tools, and these flashlights use the same rechargeable batteries as the other cordless tools. Anyone ever seen these? The lights themselves seem cheap; however the batteries and chargers are industrially-priced. They also list brightness in lumens
smile.gif

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/product_hierarchy_check.asp?categoryID=359

bwcaw

Enlightened
Yeah, I have one of those, but it is made by Makita, same idea though. I took the resistor out of mine, and put a 12 volt lamp in there (the light has a 14.4v batt.) that came out of one of those rotating beacons, and man is that thing bright! I never use it for working, I have other lights that are better, but it is nice when you need (want) to fry someones', or somethings' retinas!
grin.gif

redbird

Enlightened
We have two of the units you are talking about. A 12v and 18v. They are great in a working enviornment and the ability to wrap over a pipe is greatly appreciated when the need arises.

I note that the 18v is of course brighter than the 12v. I usually get around 3hrs from the 12v and have never ran down the 18v.

If you do remodeling they will be a welcome addition to your toolbox.