What is the oldest led that you still carry on a regular basis?

s.c.

Newly Enlightened
Just curious as the title states. My other hobby/collection is knives, which, unlike led technology, maintain their usefulness much longer. Grandpa's Buck or that Victorinox you got as a kid still operate very similarly to today's knives. Led lights, however, as you all know is evolving quite rapidly.

So, what is the oldest light that you still actually carry and use at least several times a week?

Mine is a Fenix P1 (luxeon, I believe)...it came out of retirement when I finally got into RCRs.

I have a feeling that Arc-AAA will be mentioned a lot, so what's the light in addition to the Arc.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Still carrying my old Arc AAA, now on the keychain. Bought it shortly after joining up here six years ago. Can't seem to break it.

Geoff

toolpig1

Enlightened
The Streamlight Propolymer 4AA Luxeon rides next to me every day in my truck. I use it frequently and this light still rocks. For those not familiar, amazing throw for luxeon I, perfect power regulation, my all-time favorite foward clickie, durable, and feels great in the hand. This light will never fall out of favor with me.

Last edited:

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old technology wise although not THAT long in my possession:
A Dorcy AAA on my keychain.

Norm

Retired Administrator
AAA brass Luxeon Baltic on my keys. Great little light, I'd prefer to use the N body I have but don't trust alkaline batteries.
Norm

ackbar

Enlightened
I still carry/use the Photon III that got me started. The LED has been upgraded to a GS.. naturally :p

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be my Gerber Infinity Ultra with a Nichia CS LED.

I only bought it last year (I bought 3 actually) but I think that is the oldest LED I have that gets regular carry.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Mini Mag on my keys with a Terralux TLE-20 (~25 lumen) dropin. I remember thinking it was bright.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC the original Fenix L0P Luxeon that was converted to a two stage by Millermod. I can't stand PWM so it has yet to be replaced. It operates by twist for dim and continue twisting for high. I like that alot better than the back and forth, start at med of the current Fenix.

I sometimes think I should send it back in for a SSC mod but I keep thinking there will be an off the shelf solution right around the corner. EZAAA perhaps?

I also have some Photon2 that came with BS and I converted to CS ages ago that I carry attached to things, don't use em too much though, just a flash here or there.

brucec

Enlightened
Photon Microlight II from 1998-1999. So for 10 years, it's been attached to my keys every day, in my pocket all day, never been maintained, never upgraded, never lubed, never De-oxit'ed, never cleaned. The only thing I've ever done was change the batteries about 5-10 times. Still works like new.

OceanView

Enlightened
Photon Microlight II from 1998-1999.
Ditto here for an amber Photon II from the late '90's on my keychain the whole time. I only sporadically use it since I also EDC another light, but it has never failed me when called upon. I'm amazed that all that sweat from being in my pocket day after day hasn't corroded something by now, but it "just works".

gollum

Enlightened
Photon Microlight II from 1998-1999. So for 10 years, it's been attached to my keys every day, in my pocket all day, never been maintained, never upgraded, never lubed, never De-oxit'ed, never cleaned. The only thing I've ever done was change the batteries about 5-10 times. Still works like new.

+1 Me too

vtunderground

Enlightened
I occasionally carry one of the original DSpeck Firefly lights... the batwing 1-watt Luweon has been upgraded to a Luxeon III, but that's the only change I've made.