Fewest purchases since joining CPF?

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are lots of threads where people discuss all their purchases this month or since finding CPF. They make me wonder if I've bought the fewest (per year) since joining CPF.

I joined in June 2004 (almost 5 years ago) after finding the site while looking for info on the EverLED and the ARC AAA. I bought those and did a few Mag mods before slowing down.

Here's everything I've bought (over $10):

Arc AAA-P (was my EDC, now on my night table)
EverLED (in a Maglight in the bathroom. Handy for checking for strep throat)
3D Maglight 3-level Luxeon mod (in the garage. Use once in a while when I want flood light)
2D Maglight nFlex Luxeon mod (used to carry in my car)
Dorcy AAA (in kitchen for family use, or when kids want a light to play with)
3AAA Radio Shack Luxeon 2-level mod (in my car)
AWR nano (I sold my spot but lost more than $10 due to currency fluctuations)
MillerMods 3-level L0P (my EDC for the last several years)
Firefli (on my key chain)
Fenix L0P (use whenever I need something brighter than my L0P)
Chrome Draco (in the mail. Hopefully will become my EDC)
10 in 5 years (if you exclude the nano that I never got), though most were in the first year. Can anyone top (bottom?) that?

Part of the reason is that I have a fixed amount to spend every month on hobbies (~$50 USD) and that has to cover everything: books, CDs, DVDs, electronic toys and flashlights. I bought a DSLR last year so that took all my money for a while. The other reason is that I like the idea of big (bigger) bright (brighter) flashlights but I wouldn't carry them and I seldom need more than my EDC.

Anyone else here very selective with their purchases?

Greg

Last edited:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's hope for us all on CPF then! lovecpf

If only it were the case with me...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Good job, Greg. My wife and I used the allowance system for many years. We've kind of strayed in recent years, but we trust each other not to go overboard. My problem is more with the under $10 lights that I just can't seem to resist.

Geoff

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I don't know how you managed that. At least you just picked up a Draco. At least, that shows you have a little bit of a problem, as most people would think it crazy to spend that much on a tiny flashlight such as that. I'd say, you've got some catching up to do! Come on, get busy! Buy, buy, buy!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Anyone else here very selective with their purchases?

Greg

I bought a brand new car back in February. A lovely sports sedan. :twothumbs

She's sweet! But far from cheap. I haven't bought any lights since January. With the exception of a Milky modded Surefire, I got every single light on my short list, before I bought the car. I have a nice collection of lights, as is. Unless something truly fantastic comes along, I'm just going to very slowly save up for that Milky light.

Last edited:

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I don't know how you managed that. At least you just picked up a Draco. At least, that shows you have a little bit of a problem, as most people would think it crazy to spend that much on a tiny flashlight such as that. I'd say, you've got some catching up to do! Come on, get busy! Buy, buy, buy!

I'm working my way up the price scale. :D My first EDC (the Arc AAA-P) was $45 or so. My second (the MillerMod L0P) was about $90.

I would have loved a titanium Draco but over $300 CDN was too rich for me.

Greg

m16a

Enlightened
Since becoming a "true member" (I joined in mid 2007, but didn't do a second of reading or browsing until Feb. 2008) I have purchased a Nitecore D10, a Ra Clicky 140C, a Nuwai Q3 milky modded, a Zebralight H30 Q5, Dexlight X.1, and a Solarforce L2M w/ Malkoff M30.

In 14 months, I have 6 purchases.

Less purchases, but way less time than the OP.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
When I first joined and wanted to purchase a light I would get myself nuts. Looking at every single review, comparing and etc. Now when I want a new light I still look at reviews and etc but not to the point where I cant sleep! In the event I buy a light and do not like it, I usually trade them.