18650 Warm Tint Throwers

Glock27

Enlightened
Two lights that are supposed to be released soon come with warm tint option. Jetbeam Raptor and EagleTac M2X. They should throw nicely!
G27

Marduke

Flashaholic
Most any warm thrower will have the latest emitter, since warm tint emitters just very recently became popular in handheld lights.

Mostly Cree XR-E model, Q2 or Q3 flux bin, 5A or 5B tint bin.

pobox1475

Enlightened
Tint is personal preference. The different in flux is so small as to be completely negligible in actual use.
The beam shots I have seen show a definite advantage in color accuracy outdoors I desire.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jet III Military with warm emitter is really warm, very incan-like. I love the tint. Warm warm! It's a good thrower as well. And about as versatile and long running as you can find.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam shots I have seen show a definite advantage in color accuracy outdoors I desire.

What marduke meant was that between a Q2 and a Q3 or Q4, it doesn't really matter.

5A is pretty popular, but it's a bit too yellow for me- I quite want to get my hands on a 3A. 7A is very easily mistaken for incan's, if you like that colour. I've used a 5D, that turned out a bit more pink than warm, so I'd stick to the A's and C's from now on.

pobox1475

Enlightened
Jet III Military with warm emitter is really warm
Almost pulled trigger on one a couple months back. I decided to wait and see what else develops. Raptor looks promising.

What marduke meant was that between a Q2 and a Q3 or Q4, it doesn't really matter.

5A is pretty popular, but it's a bit too yellow for me- I quite want to get my hands on a 3A. 7A is very easily mistaken for incan's, if you like that colour. I've used a 5D, that turned out a bit more pink than warm, so I'd stick to the A's and C's from now on.
Thanks again. I am soaking this all in :cool:.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a comparison of the color of the Jet III M with warm emitter and some other well known lamps...

The color of the grass and the bark dust is truer and more distinct with the warm tint emitter.

Jet III M

Malkoff M60

E1B

Last edited: