Anyone collect football cards?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: collect football cards?-$80,000!!!

And I thought flashlights were an expensive hobby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigcozy

Enlightened

I have a bunch of old NFL cards from when I was a kid, probably around 1975. For some reason I had two of each quaterbacks. Tarkington, Plunket, Griese, Manning etc. Wish they were worth that much!!!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I have a few baseball cards, but only one football card.
Some guy that used to play QB for the Seattle Seahawks.
I can't even remember the guy's name anymore, let alone where that card is these days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Some kind of Wonder Bread freebie that ended up in a small Seattle Mariners baseball card folio I bought at a thrift store a few years back for $2 or $3.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I had a shoe box of baseball cards when I was growing up and actually hung on to them until my mom made a move in the mid '70's and I think someone helping her with the move walked off with the collection.

My step son got involved in the cards about 10 years ago and when I mentioned some of the names I had from the '50s and he quoted me prices, I felt real bad! The one card I traded for in probably '58 was a base ball card that I think came from chewing tobacco instead of the gum that I was used to. It was a larger sized card and it was Babe Ruth. I never did hear what that card might have been worth and suspect that it would have been a real gut wrencher. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

- Don

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

I have one shoe box from the sixties somewhere. I know it's still around, I saw it 15 years ago and told my Mom to keep it for me and she keeps EVERYTHING. I bought two cases of Fleer basketball cards in 1987 when cards were getting hot. I think it has 6 or 8 boxes per case for a total of about a zillion probably worthless cards. They are sitting in the closet of my in-laws house. The cases are still sealed and I think I paid $120 for them at the time. I could probably get nearly half my money back from that great investment.

Edit: I just checked e-bay and I think I might have done well with my cards. I hadn't thought about those Fleer cards in years.

Latest posts