Copper/nickel/brass Mokume in random pattern
10180 battery sized
(soon to be) mini flupic
Deep etched for texture then darkened for contrast
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

And a Nichia 083 High CRI from McGizmo...
IMG_0006.jpg

Just for scale, ignore the tritium tube in the lighter:grin2:
IMG_0007.jpg

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

~Chip

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I cant wait to get my Timascus so I can turn a light out of it in my new lathe! Yours looks great but I cant stand the smell or the way it tarnishes on my knives after it gets some hand oils on it....Awesome work! I do like this alot better than the Ti/Mokume combo. Did you etch this with Ferric Chloride?

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
I cant wait to get my Timascus so I can turn a light out of it in my new lathe! Yours looks great but I cant stand the smell or the way it tarnishes on my knives after it gets some hand oils on it....Awesome work! I do like this alot better than the Ti/Mokume combo. Did you etch this with Ferric Chloride?

Thanks Matt, means a lot coming from you. Yep, it was etched with a diluted ferric solution the antiqued a bit. I'd love to get my hands on some Timascus to play with but even Mokume is stretching the materials budget with the lay-off. I'm just hoping I can keep it self sustaining for a bit.

~Chip

gollum

Enlightened
very nice
looks like mokume is getting popular

did you get it from reactive metals?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some cool pics. Does your camera have a manual focus mode? That might be a good workaround for the focusing issue.

kevinm

Enlightened
Dear god, that's nice! :thumbsup:

Now you just need to find some shakudo and silver...:tinfoil:

Kevin

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Finally complete!!!

I finally got my mini-Flupics so I could finish up this project:grin2:, it's been driving me nuts just sitting on my dresser. Just to refresh the memory, this is a copper/nickel/brass Mokume & Titanium body light with a Nichia 083 High CRI (Sundrop) LED Mule style behind Norland Optical epoxy, driven by a 10180 (Wee size) rechargeable and a mini-Flupic with Draco programming (high-user set-low). All this polished, etched and patina'd;)
IMG_0068-2.jpg

IMG_0069-2.jpg

IMG_0071-2.jpg

IMG_0072-1.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

I'll be posting this in the BST later today, but I'd like to give jch79 a chance to see it first;)

~Chip

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Re: Finally complete!!!

I'll be posting this in the BST later today, but I'd like to give jch79 a chance to see it first;)

:bow: Chip!

I just sentcha a PM - I'm trying to save some green these days :sick2:, so I will only let you sell this on BST if you promise to keep making such dead sexy lights. :D I hope someone else enjoys it as much as I would. :mecry:

Best,
:thumbsup: john