Advice on choosing a Photon micro light

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I'm planning to buy a Photon light (Micro light) for my key chain. I use a Fenix LD01 today, but I think it's to big for my pocket. I don't know which model to choose :thinking: The Photon X-light Micro looks interesting... But does any of you have expreience with Photon lights and can give me some good advice?

Is there any brand other than Photon that make simlar lights?

Dan FO

Enlightened
I have carried a white LED Photon II on my keyring for about 4 years. They won't turn on in your pocket by mistake but you can lock them on or use the momentary function.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I HIGHLY recommend the Freedom. Best user interface I have ever used. Can start in max or min and ramp in either direction. I attached one to my keys using a swivel snap.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several and greatly prefer the Photon Freedom for it's many easy to use functions. It has one of the best UI ever conceived. It can act as a standard "press for constant on, press for off" light, but if you hold the button down it will come on low & ramp up to what level you want. You can also ramp it down after turning it on high by simply pressing & holding it after a short press to turn it on. I use the low more than high, and so the batteries last several years even using high every once in a while. The option to have and use low makes it so much better than single level coin cell lights. And you can put it in momentary mode as well as access well out of the way blinking modes.

The X-light has the same UI, and is just as good except that it costs less, is a little bigger, and clicks audibly turning it on & off. I personally prefer the silent press of the Freedom.

Freedom is the answer!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Good choice on the Freedom. I've had an old Photon 3 for many years that has multi-levels, but the Freedom is so much nicer. Got one with an orange LED that sees much use.

Geoff