I hope this convinces you (LSHP content)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
...if you need convincing..

I cherish my AAA LE. I EDC it. Bright, nice color, robust, cool... BUT.....BUT....BUT...

NOTHING, NOTHING prepared me for the LSH-P.

Now, I have to tell ya, I am a very, very demanding soul. If it isn't white enough, I send it back. If it has artifacts in the beam, I send it back. If it isn't bright enough, I send it back. If it is bright, white and non artifacty, but doesn't run long enough, I give it away to less picky friends or family.

I have a McLUX, an E2 +KL1, BB 400's, Lambda creations, Mr. Bulk's LGI's and Elektrolumens inventions. Each one in my personal stash has a combination of great attributes that make them keepers, but they are mostly "home" or "bag" lights.

Finally, I got on board with the LSH-P.

Check out these qualities...BRIGHT (a smidge less bright than a very select BB400), WHITE (a smidge whiter than my Lambda Pro), a "PERFECTLY" CENTERED, NON ARTIFACTY beam, WATERPROOF (to a depth I never plan on going),and POCKETABLE!!!...all in one!! So what if it doesn't run more than 2 hours (and 2 hours continuous is a long time)...I have it on me!! So what if other lights outshine it in range or coverage, I have it on me!! And I hardly notice it in my pocket.

I can not believe the range and coverage of quality light this mini tank provides. I put the twist pack on to further reduce its size..less than a roll of Lifesavers. Now I have me a real LS EDC...in my pocket. ARC quality. HOO-AH...I just wish it had a glass or pyrex lens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

obeck

Newly Enlightened
LOL, congrats Mr. Blue. I have an LSHP seconds that is nearly perfect.... enough so that I am scared to carry it! I carry my bluish LS1 instead.

From the thrown beam, I estimated that brightness was 1. BB400, 2. LS1, 3. LSH-P.

Then, I held my LSH-P, LS1 and BB400/Q3L up to my son, who is 9 years old. I aimed to either side of his face, so that neither was directly in his eyes. Of course, he couldnt care less about the lights. I asked "which is brighter". From his objective stand point, he estimated the brightness as 1. LSH-P, 2. LS1, 3. BB400/Q3L . I then shown each of them on the floor.. a bluish gray carpet, and got the same results.

I am now convinced that other factors color one's perception of "bright" and "white", and that two people can look at the same two lights and have totally different opinions!

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am getting closer and closer to getting an Arc LSH-P... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

obeck

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BigMac said:
Can someone clarify for me how a BB400 QL3 stands up to an arc LSH-P?

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of alluded to it in my post above. In terms of whiteness, they are about the same. The LSH-P seems a much more natural color... someone who was not familiar with LED lights would not find it strange or different at all. The beam is tighter and more confined than the BB400 with optics... very much a high dome vs. low dome situation.
In terms of brightness, the BB400 *seems* brighter to me, but there is an explanation in the ARC FAQ about why this is true. To my 9 year old, the LSH-P was clearly brighter.

The BB400/Q3L Luxeon is definitely on par with the LSx-P luxeons. If you happen to like minimag/brinkman lights and only have $50 to spend, it is an excellent option.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
I think both lights have their places. The place for my LSHP is IN MY POCKET!...or potentially around the neck...It is the light you will have with you on your person when camping, hiking, sleeping in the out of doors, in the car, on a walk, wherever you happen to be.

My LGI, BB's etc are used at home and away. I stash them in my carry bag and they are always within arm's reach. The BB and its brethren are hard to beat, perhaps unbeatable, for brightness/ time combo.

I would definitely take the Brinkmann mod. or its ilk on a camping/ hiking/ boating trip, any trip for that matter...they are just a bit harder to pocket and I don't want them in a pouch...too much other stuff on my belt when I am out.

CPF motto::: GET BOTH (if you can)

Status
Not open for further replies.