Time to upgrade Firefox?

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a "heads up." Apparently there was a security issue with the last update and they are recommending to update to version 3.0.10.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks.

Mine normally asks to auto update but so far today it hasn't. I'll watch it for the next 24 hours and do a manual update if it doesn't ask me.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
Just a "heads up." Apparently there was a security issue with the last update and they are recommending to update to version 3.0.10.
It was more because of a couple Top crasher issues where one (due to unintended regression) was made a problem (and brought issue to light) if you were using the HTML Validator extension, though I suspect a couple other extensions that had similar features also made Firefox crash in same fashion. There is a security bug #479880 though that is involved with this release also but may not be public for a time.

Otherwise Firefox 3.0.0.10 may not have happened for a while.

I have to do a complete reboot soon so thanx for the heads up
No need to reboot the computer after a Firefox update.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1b5pre) Gecko/20090428 Shiretoko/3.5b5pre

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Thanks, chmsam. I went to check mine just now and found it was, and still is, in the process of downloading the update.

Geoff