4D Maglite

n5rjq

Newly Enlightened
My wife has an old 4 D mag. I have tried the led bulb from Maglite and it's pathetic. I wanted to get a Malkoff like I have in my 6D but the serial # doesn't begin with D (What's with that, anyway? Why doesn't the Malkoff fit all mags?). What can I do that is simple to upgrade this thing? I've looked at the old threads and wonder if anything new has come down the pike.

lumenosity

Newly Enlightened
The Terralux TLE-6ex drop in is pretty good (may or may not be what you're looking for though). I've got that in my 4D mag and like it a lot. Brighter than the stock incandescent and also brighter than the magled drop-in. The Terralux doesn't dim when it gets hot like the mag led either... can be found for ~$20 now too. Sky's the limit if you want to spend some money though :grin2:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can a sleeve be made to fill the gap between the Malkoff drop-in and the D Mag tube? Or is there some other incompatibility besides the larger ID and OD of the old D Mag body?

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
A couple of days ago I received an modded MagLED dropin with a SSC P4, it´s supposed to produce 200 lumens and is actually equal to my Fenix P3D RB100 :D

n5rjq

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input, guys. I may go with the Terrelux. Also the lens is really scratched up. Is there a good replacement for the lens and reflector?

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get an AR-coated, UCL glass window from flashlightlens.com for $6.25 plus shipping. Alternatively, Kaidomain sells a 5-pack of an unknown type of glass window (SKU S003027) for $3.28. Kaidomain also sells a drop-in metal orange peel reflector (SKU S006166) for $15.

Regarding the TLE-6EX, see this post and this one.