What percentage of flashaholics are women?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedshred

Newly Enlightened
My wife doesn't get it (candlepower) and that's fine. I don't get her love of shoes, but I did build her some very nice shoe racks for her closet, and even gave her my old Dorcy incandescents (perfect excuse to replace with LED's) to see what's what in that dark closet.

It got me thinking about what percentage of this community is female?

Seems mostly a guy thing, but obviously there are some pretty knowledgeable women here that dig a good flashlight as well. Any of you administrators have an estimate?

nbp

Flashaholic
Just so you know, this thread will be locked down very very soon. You won't get the answers you seek. The point of an anonymous forum is for people to remain anonymous.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
If some (crazy or reckless) manufacturer took a gamble on a pink light, ala the Benchmade pink Mini-Grips, we just might find out in a hurry if there was more than one female within the ranks of this fine, intelligent, open-minded forum. On the other hand, we might only find out that there are among us a certain percentage of guilty souls looking for ways to appease their significant others.

(No offense, Greta... for all anyone knows, every post on this thread is and will be the work of some woman trying to get her significant other black-listed.)

Burgess

Flashaholic
Well, my dear Mother always realized the value
of having a good flashlight handy.

And she loved the Pink Mini-Maglite i gave her.
(Later, with a nice LED upgrade).

During storms after dark, she would actually wear it around
her neck, using a lanyard which she made for it.

However, she wasn't a member of any
internet-based group of flashlight enthusiasts. :whistle:

_

Spence

Enlightened
You know, of course, there are those out there who would claim the objects of our enthusiasm are merely phalic symbols to be shunned by women in general, and all the other psycho-babble. Well, if there is a shred of truth to it, then hand me my TK40, that I may caress its' passive knurling.:crackup::naughty:
buttrock.gif

LightJaguar

Enlightened
I gave my wife a my first edition Nitecore DI. She has used it a lot and now my three year old daughter has taken a great interest in it. She uses it a lot and sometimes misplaces it to my wife's dismay.
I thinking about giving my daughter her own flashlight once she gets a bit older. One day I might give her one of my treasured flashlights like a Sufire if she gets the bug.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't assume all women like pink! I for one, DO NOT like pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.