Which m60 drop in?

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Im looking at purchasing an m60 drop in but not sure which 1 I want. I have a tlr-1 on my XDM currently and now looking for a nice hand held light. Light will probably be kept with me often so I would be using it for all sorts of things. Help me decide on one im looking at purchasing the md2 when its available.

John

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you already have a P60 accepting light, then the M60 would be a good choice. As for which one, the M60 is the normal, brightest one, the M60W has a warmer tint (Hence the W at the end) but a bit less output, the M60F has a wider and floodier beam (the F at the end) with less throw but the same output as the M60, the M60L has lower output but more runtime, the M60LL has even less output but much more runtime.

Are you also looking for another light?

:welcome:

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Im thinking about the malkoff md2 or the surefire 6p or 9p. The 9p will work with the m60 also right since it says it will accept 9 volts and should last longer. For searching rooms in doors do people usually select the m60f or the regular m60? Trying to decide if I want the extra throw or the wider beam.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im thinking about the malkoff md2 or the surefire 6p or 9p. The 9p will work with the m60 also right since it says it will accept 9 volts and should last longer. For searching rooms in doors do people usually select the m60f or the regular m60? Trying to decide if I want the extra throw or the wider beam.

The MD2 is great, but consider the 6P since it is readily available. The Flood versions will illuminate at least 50feet in front of you. If you need more throw than that go with a non-flood version.

If you will use outdoors and want to be able to see the true color of plants, trees, and grass then you have to get a W.

My recomendations is a 6P with a M60WF. Perfect outdoors due to color and perfect indoors due to the flood. If I had the extra cash I would just go for the MC-E Warm. If you have the MC-E warm it is good for up to 3 rechargeable batteries and will work perfect with a 9P.

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Thanks that is a little more cash tho for the MC-E but im sure its really bright. Im thinking maybe a md2 or 6p now with the m60 then maybe later a 9p with the mc-e.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
M60W or my favorite the M60WL in the 6P. Buy a SF clicky if you want.

The MD2 is OK, I have one, but I don't really care for the Kroll switch. It can be too sensitive for me.

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Thanks
Where is the best place to purchase the 6p? Why do you like the WL over the regular?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I find the best place to buy Surefires is over on the marketplace. You can save a bunch of money by buying from other members.

Why the M60WL? Easy! It's the best all around user.

The L
In a flashlight that is going to serve me in a traditional flashlight role it doesn't need to be super bright since I might use it indoors some or use it up close to something, thinking of blinding glare here, but it does need to be able to run half the night on 1 set of batteries. It's not a big drop in output from the regular M60 but the runtime goes up quite a bit.
The W
I like to use my lights for everything and the W tint is so much easier on my eyes. The colors are rendered a bit more naturally and that seems to fatigue my eyes less than the cool white of the regular M60. Outside the difference is shocking. The cooler tints makes things look alien somehow. Once you use warm tint emiters you may never be able to stand the cool ones again, it's that nice. You've been warned.

:D

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Hmm you got me thinking about getting the WL then since I kind of need this more for an everyday light needed for about anything. I needed a flashlight today in the house and the cheapo wasnt cutting it.

Martin SH

Newly Enlightened
The W
I like to use my lights for everything and the W tint is so much easier on my eyes. The colors are rendered a bit more naturally and that seems to fatigue my eyes less than the cool white of the regular M60. Outside the difference is shocking. The cooler tints makes things look alien somehow. Once you use warm tint emiters you may never be able to stand the cool ones again, it's that nice. You've been warned.

:D

Before you commit to the warm tint I would suggest you try to see an example. I recently purchased a M60WL and have to say I hate the warm version. Its far too warm for me. I am a photographer and have to admit about being very finicky about white balance.

I realise that a lot of people do like the warm version, so if possible do try to check it out. I replaced the warm with a natural and have to say I am happy again. I don't understand the logic that says the warm version gives you better colour rendition... beats me?

What ever you buy from Malkoff Devices will be superbly made and their customer service is second to none.

Martin

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Thanks just debating now between the 6p with the m60 and the 9p with the mc-e. My tlr-1 has a blueish tint and I sort of like it actually.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!!!

I have a 9P (actually a 6P+A19) w/M60W and FM34 beam diffuser and it is my all purpose light. While not quite incan light it is a perfect compromise of color rendition and regulated runtime IMHO. With the beam diffuser it out performs my L4 in the wall of light department hands down. You get both throw and glow all in one package! I can run it with 2 or 3 cells depending on battery availability. I also have the peace of mind that I can swap out the emitter in the unlikely event it dies on me out in the field (I have a P60L in my SC1).

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks just debating now between the 6p with the m60 and the 9p with the mc-e. My tlr-1 has a blueish tint and I sort of like it actually.

If you are debating now between those two. I say go for the Surefire 9P and the MC-E. With that set-up you can run 3 non-rechargeables or 3 rechargeables and have 450 confirmed out the front lumens. :D

I have owned at least 4 P60 quad emitter drop-ins from Gene of Malkoff Devices and I can tell you that they will light up everything under the moon within 50 to 75 feet. Great for indoor and outdoor use.

Last edited:

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Is the regular m60 also a good choice in the 9p if I want more throw with more runtime then the 6p. Whats the best online store to get one from dont see any in the marketplace.

Last edited:

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Off the m60 topic but what do you guys think about the Dereelight DBS my friend mentioned one it looks pretty nice.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Off the m60 topic but what do you guys think about the Dereelight DBS my friend mentioned one it looks pretty nice.

It's a good thrower at a good size. If you want further range then it can be good light to get. 200 yards should be fine for the light.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
M30.

I have one, run it with a 3xAA body.

Surefire-clone wanna be, that runs on AA, what a concept. With L91s, it's brigher than M60.