• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: FM 85 3C

Varriano

Newly Enlightened
Does it come with the AW c cells? How many charge cycles on the cells if it has them?

Thanks

V

bullettproof

Enlightened
Can you even get C batteries that are 3.7V for this still since AW stopped making them?? Are there other brands that are C sized and 3.7V??

Thanks

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
Can you even get C batteries that are 3.7V for this still since AW stopped making them?? Are there other brands that are C sized and 3.7V??

Thanks

AW's IMR26500's are unprotected and may require some boring to make them fit the Mag. You'll need to install a soft-start circuit to run those cells with an 1185.

DX & KD both sell unprotected lithium-cobalt C-cells which will work. I'm using three DX C-cells on one of my Mag85's.

Last edited:

GLOCK18

Enlightened
I have 3 AW's IMR26500's coming in tomorrow, will see if they fit, the protection on the AW C Lio-ion 3300mh batteries kicks in after 3 minutes if use. I tried differant batteries and they all have the protection kick in with 3 to 5 minutes. Might just have bad batteries, but they work in my other lights with Multi Led setup.

Varriano

Newly Enlightened
I have noticed the protection kick in on my FM 85 and its little sister the FM 11. I too thought it was bad batts. Must be something unique about how the system is put together.

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same problem with the batteries with the 1185. I guess the protection circuit can't take the high amp draw.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I received my AW's IMR26500's and the don't fit, not even close.

That's a bummer. The loss of the hi-cap li-co's is really a kick in the gut. At least they're available as (unprotected) at other sources.

Great price on this beautiful 85.