Got my Inretech 2AA replacement!

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is about twice as bright as my old one and is much whiter. The old one is very green, but the new one is very white with a nice, slightly purple/blue hotspot. Inretech is awesome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
...the new Inretech white adaptors are AWESOME! VERY bright, and great run-time on lithiums! I put mine in a S&W 2AA light with a clickie switch, and it's my favorite and brightest 1W luxeon light so far...

PJD

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
bad kroll only occurs 1 in 4 krolls.
a side note only /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Btw, the replacement is twice as bright? I might as well get the new one.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is about twice as bright as my old one which was very green and dim. The old one was barely brighter than the Opalec when it was loaded with lithiums.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "flickering" in the flashlight is usually caused by the poor connection of the switch, corrision builds up in there

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pi is Blue -

Are you using the new INRETECH replacement in the same host flashlight/switch?

Would you access that the switch in this original host flashlight had anything at all to do with the poor performance of your original INRETECH purchase?

I ask because the description of the problem seemed to be unrelated to "flickering", but sounded like it had a whole lot to do with a "puke" green LS. Puke green happens frequently in the Luxeon Lottery.

shipinretech

Enlightened
Icebreak,

Our newest product is really quite a lot brighter than our early product in the same flashlight and batteries. The value of our early product was that it provided a good light that lasted roughly forever on a single set of batteries. The value of our current product is that it starts out very bright and it lasts roughly forever on a single set of batteries.

Oh yeah, now we charge a bit more. We make good flashlight adapters, but we aren't saints.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Three Questions

Is it actually a question? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
if not, then what is NDA?

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast

We are always trying to get better Luxeons so that our customers get better products, but still we are at the mercy of the "Luxeon Lottery"

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Patrick,
I have noticed that you sell two red adaptors, a "spider" LED and the red Luxeon model. Is it OK to use lithiums with the red Luxeon? If so, I then have my "blackout" light...can't pass up 30 to 50 hours of acceptable output on a set of lithiums. I want lithiums because the light will be put in a bag that is used for "going across the big pond". It maybe 6 months, it maybe 2 years so I would prefer the lithiums.

shipinretech

Enlightened

BentHeadTX,

The red Luxeon has a very low forward voltage and when powered by lithium batteries runs a substantial risk of overheating causing failures. One failure we have seen is the plastic bulb holder of the flashlight gets damaged when left on too long. If you use lithium batteries on a red Luxeon you should expect the product to fail during extended use. Since extended use periods tend to occur during emergencies, this is officially a BAD THING.

A point I like to bring up:
In a fanny pack, you can carry two InReTech adapted Mini-Mag flashlights and enough alkaline batteries to keep them both running continuously for a year.

Also, a lot depends on the strength of your night vision. I personally have very good night vision, or I did before I started handing TRILIGHTs to customers at shows. My experience is that the red-orange spider light is a great nightlight. A friend of mine who has one loves to go camping and is terrified of waking in the dark, so she leaves the light on all night. It has never failed her, and she only occasionally has to change the batteries. The point is that acceptable output is literally in the eye of the beholder.

It is one of those things that I am afraid that you either have to come up here to Oregon and go camping with us, or you should get both products and decide for yourself.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Patrick,
Thank you for the quick reply! OK, the lithiums go in the Inretech white for my wife's glovebox and Alks go in the red Luxeon. I just remembered, when I do go across the big pond, I will have around 90 AA batteries with me so I can change them out.
I have great night vision so the output of the Luxeon red should keep me happy for 30 hours or so, that will be long enough! Eyeballing those solar "dog tag" looking lights for a reading LED that will not suck up AA batteries.
So I need a red/alkaline and white/Lithium Luxeon should do it. I would love to go to Oregon and come camping with you...N TX is not that "campable" this time of year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif