Jet-3 Pro Ultra, or Pro ST?

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
So impressed I am with my M1X, I would like to try a EDC type
Jetbeam light but I cant make up my mind which one I want,
the Jet3 Pro Ultra or Pro ST?

Which one would you guys buy?
Or would you rather have the 100 lumen Element?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The Pro Ultra is a pseudo-thrower with a tight beam, whereas the ST has a broader Fenix-like beam that is much better suited to everyday use.

The ST is the better choice for EDC, and is right up there with the Military in popularity..

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I highly recommend the jetbeam pro st (ibs). I'd picked up a high-quality 16430 light but it's sooo floody that i have to really crank up the output to get any throw from it (which the light does, no problem, but I feel really noticable when i'm shooting a beam of sunlight from my hand). So i've taken to edc'ing the jetbeam b/c even though it's 4" bigger it's more subtle when I use it. The spill is very usable for things near at hand, the spot for everything else.
After initially setting it, i've only used the IBS a few times. I definately prefer it to the multi-channel /multi-mode with memory interface on my 16430 sunbeam.
Te jetpro st is in my pocket right now. I'd like something abit smaller, maybe, but the jetbeam iii-pro-st sleekness is great.

s.c.

Newly Enlightened
Te jetpro st is in my pocket right now. I'd like something abit smaller, maybe, but the jetbeam iii-pro-st sleekness is great.

I had a the ST with BVC for a couple days. I ended up returning it for reasons unrelated to the quality of the light. It is fantastic with exceptional build.

I don't want to derail the thread, but if you want something similar to the ST but smaller, check out the Akoray 106. I just received mine and the first thing I thought of was that its a mini ST.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I don't want to derail the thread, but if you want something similar to the ST but smaller, check out the Akoray 106. I just received mine and the first thing I thought of was that its a mini ST.
The 106 is a AA light.
The ST is much more pocketable than the Jet3 Pro Ultra or Pro ST?.
As an cheaper alternative Sgt. BURKETT _ 18650 Twisty EDC
Norm

s.c.

Newly Enlightened
The 106 is a AA light.
The ST is much more pocketable than the Jet3 Pro Ultra or Pro ST?.
As an cheaper alternative Sgt. BURKETT _ 18650 Twisty EDC
Norm

I know the 106 is a AA light. But it's very similar in form and UI as the ST. Simple cylindrical shape with 3 user settable modes.

I might be mistaken, but I don't believe there is a standard ST and a Pro ST. But yes, the ST is much more pocketable. I think ST actually stands for Slender Tube.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Psychobunny get both. I recently became a Jetbeam whore and went on a spree and got the Jet III M w/ 18650s and charger, Jet II Pro IBS (free CR123) and the Element EP3 E3 for Ebay. I already got my sights on the Jet II Pro Ultra, MXI and the Raptor.

STi

Newly Enlightened
The ST for EDC or JET 2 PRO...I have the JET 2 PRO and love it! tight hot spot and out throws other singe cr123a lights! Did this Ultra just come out? I only had this JET 2 PRO for about 2 months.

STi

Newly Enlightened
Psychobunny get both. I recently became a Jetbeam whore and went on a spree and got the Jet III M w/ 18650s and charger, Jet II Pro IBS (free CR123) and the Element EP3 E3 for Ebay. I already got my sights on the Jet II Pro Ultra, MXI and the Raptor.

I just checked jetbeamusa and do not see jet 2 pro ultra...Do you have a link?

Kremer

Enlightened
The Pro Ultra is a pseudo-thrower with a tight beam, whereas the ST has a broader Fenix-like beam that is much better suited to everyday use.
Really? my ST/BVC with SMO reflector is quite the pocket spotlight. It lights up houses 150-200 yards across the lake at my in-laws place. It has decent spill, but is much much tighter than the beam of my Fenix L2D Q5.

s.c.

Newly Enlightened
Really? my ST/BVC with SMO reflector is quite the pocket spotlight. It lights up houses 150-200 yards across the lake at my in-laws place. It has decent spill, but is much much tighter than the beam of my Fenix L2D Q5.

I agree. I had the same model and the throw and spot for such a small reflector was pretty impressive. Unfortunately, that was one of the reasons why I returned it. I was expecting a more textured reflector for more flood/spill. The reflector on mine looked as smooth as glass, but the JB rep kept telling me it was OP or a hybrid.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the Jetbeam Jet I MkIIx, Jet I Pro IBS, Jet II Pro IBS and Jet III Pro ST. I love all my lights, my Jet III Pro ST accompanies me on business trips with 3 spare 18650s just in case and my Jet I or Jet II Pro IBS comes along for pocket carry along with 3 spare 14500s for the Jet I and 4 x 16340s for my Jet II.

Oh and dont forget the LD01 on the keychain / coin pocket carry :D

The Pro ST is a grat pocket carry light especially in jeans or even on a belt holster.