What to buy in July

tadbik

Enlightened
As I don't live in the U.S. I only buy when I'm visiting or if my brother-in-law is visiting me. So, with an upcoming visit 24th July, can you advise me what I should be planning to buy?

I only want LED, preferably with rechargables. My newest light is the Inova Inforce white. Puts the Surefire L4's "wall of light" to shame! So, what will be better, cooler than the Inova this summer?

Thanks guys

tadbik

Enlightened
What's your budget and what kind of lights do you want?

Up to $150, as to what kind of light. My question was, what's going to be the must have light of July in LED with rechargables. Are their any rumors of anything smaller, brighter, smarter than there is now? Thanks

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never seen the Inova Inforce in action, but from the specs, and if you're not looking for something with multiple LED colors, I definitely would recommend Fenix TK11 (R2 if you can get your hands on one) This flashlight totally rocks.... I was just chasing my own flashlight beam in my car yesterday on a dark rural road. I had my beams on high and still could see the spot on the road, even on general mode!

Toaster

Enlightened
4Sevens is due to release their own line of flashlights (8 of em) mid-late May. 1.5 months after that they're supposed to release their MC-E/P7 based lights. Which sounds like it'll be right in time for your July trip. So whether you want something small or bright, they'll probably have something that'll interest you.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Lucky you lot.

It's 22:30 here in Scotland and still not fully dark outside. From early June to mid-July it doesn't even get properly dark by midnight. :(

So not much point buying anything over the summer . . . still, we've got those nice dark winters to look forward to !

Ajay

Enlightened
Lucky you lot.

It's 22:30 here in Scotland and still not fully dark outside. From early June to mid-July it doesn't even get properly dark by midnight. :(

So not much point buying anything over the summer . . . still, we've got those nice dark winters to look forward to !

I just read that with a Sean Connery accent.:ohgeez::lolsign:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lucky you lot.

It's 22:30 here in Scotland and still not fully dark outside. From early June to mid-July it doesn't even get properly dark by midnight.

Same problem up here in Canada.Late June it doesn't get dark until 11:30 P.M. and the sun is coming up by 2:30 A.M.! For 21 hours a day flashlights are useless.
sick2.gif

R@ndom

Enlightened
The a2l is meant to come out in june. Though with sf's incredibly accurate:whistle: release dates I'll go with the 4sevens lights. Can't resist square threads:)