Say Good Bye R2 and Hello New Cree!!!

TAIGERSX

Newly Enlightened
Can't wait to see Dereelight doing "something" with this new LED. :twothumbs:twothumbs
In DBS V3 maybe ?

This is the reason why I hold off on the purchase of Eagletac M2X cuz I knew some major things are gonna happen this summer !

Last edited:

fenixmad

Banned

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Now if only they can combine this technology with salmon sperm, carbon nanotube antireflective treatment (increased transmission efficiency, already successfully used with solar cells and led's), and phosphorless "warm white" nanotubes, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see 250 lumens / watt at 350 mA...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
very nice. Perfect for P60 modules, and should improve 1AAA performance too.

Nice to see them focus back on efficiency, lower Vf and lower If. The 4-die emitters are fun and all, but their power and thermal cooling requirements leave me wanting... something different.

I was at a convention and the Fraen reps were showing off some nice refracting optics and saying the XR-E "Cree rings" were caused by reflections off the metal hoop. It'd be nice if they could reduce those rings a little.

Last edited:

STi

Newly Enlightened
Can't wait to see Dereelight doing "something" with this new LED. :twothumbs:twothumbs
In DBS V3 maybe ?

This is the reason why I hold off on the purchase of Eagletac M2X cuz I knew some major things are gonna happen this summer !

I hope he puts one in the C2H!

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
When they are available I see no reason why Dereelight wouldn't offer it in a pill for the CL1H and DBS, and a C2H pill too. Imagine 300 lumens coming out the front of the C2H? Or whatever it would work out to be. Driven at 1.2A the DBS/CL1H might have a solid 300 lumens out the front, or more. The new emitter should also have a cleaner beam and may throw better.

Also I think the OP means good bye XR-E. I think even with a XP-E, XP-G, etc, you still might have R2's, etc. Not sure about how they are binned.

DM51

Flashaholic
The other thread in the LED section (linked by Marduke in post #2 above) is discussing the scientific/technical aspects of this new emitter.

This thread is speculating on which lights it may be used in, and what their capabilities and features might be. I don't see any harm in that, as it makes it a slightly different topic.

If the two threads begin to converge they may need to be combined, but in the meantime we'll let both of them continue.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I think I will hold off on buying lights. I was looking into a 2AA light, but with this news I will wait. Not to get the new one, but to wait for when everyone sells the old style LED's for cheap!!

Patriot

Flashaholic
"available the third quarter of calendar 2009."

Many still asking so I quoted it a little larger from the article, first post, first link. :clap: