garity 4aa tuff malkoff mod

exodus125

Enlightened
So I have this garity 4aa tuff lite that I really like and I really think is a nice light. It has a pop out lantern feature that I like too.

I have a Malkoff drop in that was damaged, but still lights. The light is blued and a lot dimmer than before, but I hate throwing it out. Its still a heck of a lot brighter than a regular bulb.

This garity is built like a tank. The tail switch broke and the lite is now dead. However, the spot where the bulb goes looks somewhat similar to a maglite, so tinkering a bit I have figured an easy way to mount it. I have to get a soldering iron and maybe glue the drop in in palce, but it will work.

I mounted the drop in loosely on there last night, and was impressed. I also have to mod the tail switch, but I plan on using one from another light and it shoudl work. I will post some pictures when I am done.

Also, can anyone suggest some type of glue or adhesive that would work well with an aluminum to plastic connection around heat? I have 30 min epoxy, but I am not too sure if it would work well.

data%5Cimages%5C1225-18bi.jpg

T400GST_Garrity.jpg

what do you guys think of the idea?