Please help: CR2 lights & Nautilus vs Aeon

loszabo

Enlightened
Can someone please tell me if the Muyshondt Nautilus and Aeon are the same size?

Due to a mistake I have a Neoseikan Spartanian II incoming (it uses CR2 and all my lights use CR123A) and do not know if I should flip it. Or, maybe I will also add CR2 lights if they are substantial smaller.

What do you think about CR2 lights in general?

Thank you!

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Here's a photo showing a Nautilus and an Aeon, both in Ti. The Nautilus is larger, as it uses a CR123A cell, while the Aeon uses a CR2. They are both beautiful lights.

Ion--Nautilus.jpg

loszabo

Enlightened
Here's a photo showing a Nautilus and an Aeon, both in Ti. The Nautilus is larger, as it uses a CR123A cell, while the Aeon uses a CR2. They are both beautiful lights.

Ion--Nautilus.jpg

Do you realize that your innocent, little post could result into serious damage? Like me hitting the trigger on a Titanium Aeon? :poof:
:crackup:

Thanks for the great pic! I'm already amazed how small the Nautilus is. Are you happy with the CR2 performance in regardgs of batter life?

Last edited:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to a mistake I have a Neoseikan Spartanian II incoming (it uses CR2 and all my lights use CR123A) and do not know if I should flip it.

Are you saying the Spartanian II uses CR2s? It doesn't, it uses CR123s.

I have recently gotten into CR2 lights and have aquired a few. I like them. Runtime is shorter compared to CR123, but they're nice if you have small pockets. :)

DM51

Flashaholic
Do you realize that your innocent, little post could result into serious damage? Like me hitting the trigger on a Titanium Aeon?
LOL!

I found a very useful thread for you in the Reviews section. It's a Review of the Aeon by MSaxtilus from about 1 year ago. It has plenty of photos and other data, and I added my $0.02 in various posts there, mainly posts #24 and #47.

I've had an Aeon on my keychain for nearly a year now, being jangled around with keys all day long, and it still looks as good as new. The Aeon is the perfect keychain light - there's nothing to beat it IMO. Battery life is excellent - 90 minutes on the high setting on one CR2 cell, and ~40 hours on low.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you consider top-of-the-line CR2 lights? :thinking:

Well there's the Aeon, in Ti and Al. The Exolion in Ti and stainless, but no longer in production and not so easy to find. There's the JiL in Al, also not so easy to find. There is a limited run of Ti JiLs coming soon. That's all I can think of presently.