Victorinox Store (surefires!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I'm not sure if this is quite the right place to post this, since I am not really recommending a store, and there aren't any particularly good deals there either, but here goes:

I recently went to a "Victorinox store" in a mall near me (in Connecticut), which I hadn't set foot in since pre-CPF (so I was somewhat unprepared for what I was about to see...). Now I think that this store must be in some way affiliated with the knife company of the same name, but they have different websites, and there appears to be only 2 store locations.
So anyway, I went in, and the first thing I saw was a $20,000 watch (!) in glass case. I walked further in, and they had literally cases and cases of knives. I am not really a knife person, but I know they had multiple "damascus" knives, big knives, small knives, and everything in between.
I then went over to the flashlight section, and found that they had, in various glass cases, virtually EVERY SUREFIRE FLASHLIGHT that I was familiar with (except the hellfighter).
There were 6p's, 9p's, G3s, L2s, L1s, Z2s, Z2L's, Kromas, U2s, Aviators, M4's (there may have been only one), M3 combat lights, multiple M6's, E2's, E2D's, C2's, M2's, an M3 Turbo, as well as Commander and Dominator rechargeables. They even had an M1 Infrared light. In addition to this, they had replacement drop-ins for P60 lights, as well as replacement heads (for whichever ones have replacement heads; I don't remember specifically which ones they had). They also had filters, holsters, and the flip up protective covers. They even had surefire pens!

However, the biggest surprise was located in one of the glass cases: A "The Beast II", with IR filter and extra body (it was #3830, if that means anything to anyone). I had seen pictures of this light, but nothing really describes how bizarre and dangerous this light actually looks. It really doesn't look all that dissimilar to a mace (the weapon, not the spray).
They also had some Inova lights, as well as a decent Streamlight selection (mostly Liteboxes, as well as some polymer models and a few different kinds of stingers. They also had some 4 AAAA streamlight styluses).
They also seemed to have virtually every type of maglite on the market, but they weren't exactly good prices ($37 for a 3D maglite!).

Although there prices were obviously pretty high, it was interesting to see all of the surefire models up close. They really are nice looking lights up close. This store, although not very large, seemed almost like a surefire museum. If I was into knives, their selection probably would have been very interesting as well (they had a lot of watches too). Now I probably wouldn't buy anything there, since their prices are definitely not low.
However, if any of you are ever in Connecticut, you might want to check out their selection. I can't imagine that they ell many of these lights. I don't see too many people walking into a store and spending $400 on a flashlight.

Last edited:

sappyg

Enlightened
consider yourself lucky..... i have never seen any light that i have bought up close and personal before i bought them.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its located near hartford, connecticut, but they also apparently have a store in White Plains, NY. (you can see their locations here).
Their website definitely does not list all of their merchandise. I know there were far more knives in the store than listed on the site. I see the site lists some Spyderco ones, as well as some $1,000+ knives.
I see they also have some $6,000 pens as well... I don't see how this store can afford to have all this merchandise. I just don't see people going in and buying the majority of this stuff. Most people aren't accustomed to spending this much on things that they can get much cheaper.
I was also somewhat surprised at the size of the surefire lights. I hadn't really realized how small a lot of their models are.

DM51

Flashaholic
This discussion is not appropriate for this forum. It amounts to a free promotion pointer thread for the store/dealer, and as such is contrary to CPF's Advertising Policies.

If any particular deal offered by the store is thought to be an especially good one, the proper place for that would be in the Good Deals section in the MarketPlace. I'm closing it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.