Energizer "Wild Animal" LED (?) Flashlight

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Energizer \"Wild Animal\" LED (?) Flashlight

Was in Wal-Mart today. Didn't see anything new in Flashlight aisle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif . But I did see 'cute', disposeable flashlights at the registers. They were similar in size to some of the small disposeable Energizer lights but they were in the shape of three different (cartoon) animals. The only one I remember was a Platypus! Funny I changed my sig pic to a Platypus yesterday (syncronicity?). Anyhow it looks like a yellow LED as the 'bulb'. I didn't get one as I didn't have an extra $2 on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif . Anyhow I looked on Google, no good hits, I looked on Energizer's site, no matches, I searched here, no matches.
So a couple questions--
Is it an LED? (If not someone move forums /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
Anyone have one?
Anyone know if the batteries are replaceable without destruction to the "cute factor"?
How about pics?
I may get one next time I go and do a review, but untill it is dead I won't try the battery replacement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Energizer

Hi Wits' End,

I don't have any info other than I saw them at the register at a local hardware store here a couple of weeks ago. I think it was there.

It was my impression that it was an amber LED too, I projected the beam onto my palm and it had the square pattern of the die in it that gives it away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I didn't buy one either, but I was able to activate it through the packaging.

Latest posts