Where I can buy a highest brightness of white LED?

W

wailey

I would like to get some high brightness pure white LED, where i can get it ??

shipinretech

Enlightened
wailey,

What color temperature do you want? "Sunlight" white is shifted towards the yellow end of the spectrum. "Paper" white is shifted towards the blue end of the spectrum.

The nice folks at Lumileds are going to be coming out with a "warm" white Real Soon Now. Some of the other companies like UEC will be coming out with lower cost high power white LEDs soon, but they do not have optics yet.

Do you need to illuminate a large area? Are you looking for a portable solution? Can you wait a little while? How many of them do you need? What form factor do you need them in? What is your voltage source? How much heat-sinking do you have available? I am sorry to be asking so many questions, but I like to give correct answers.

W

wailey

Hi Patrick,

First of all, thanks for your kindly help.
Actually, i would like to make a LED torch in replacement of my burned Halogen lamp. My purpose is diving and hiking. So I would like to modify my Princeton Tec 40 Lamp with LED as a solution. Actually, I would like to know how to get some High power LED (it would be better if the power is greater than 0.5W)
P.S. I'm living in Hong Kong

shipinretech

Enlightened
wailey,

If you are modifying a submersible flashlight, please keep in mind that nothing you do should risk the watertight integrity.

Since most plastic lights are molded to minimize assembly steps, they also are very difficult to modify without damage. A reasonable replacement for the entire Princeton Tec 40 would be a Streamlight LED light:
http://streamlight-flashlights.com/4aa-propolymer-led-flashlight.html

It looks like they both use the same case.

I don't usually recommend competitors products, but since our company does not offer a dive light, what can I do? If you decide to go ahead with building a replacement, I suggest you use any 5mm Kingbright, Yodol, or Nichia super-bright LEDs. I would be less interested in attempting a high-power Luxeon or UEC LED in a plastic case because of the very substantial risk of melting the case. Additionally, with 5mm LEDs you can use several and put in a couple of red LEDs to improve your experience when diving.