What to do with my A2?

paintballdad

Enlightened
Hi folks, I have an A2 with blue LEDs that I'm thinking of modding. Been looking at koala's onion ring and fivemega's strion socket kit. These seem like good mods but someone over at CPFMP suggested a milkyspit mod. I'm a bit unfamiliar with milkyspit's work and would like to know what he can do with my A2. I know i can always contact him but would like to have some idea before talking to the man himself. Any help would be appreciated. For some reason the blue LEDs give me a headache when i use it.

mwaldron

Enlightened
Milky does some pretty awesome work, but really an A2 is not a suitable host for him.

The strion kit is an awesome A2 upgrade, well worth it. I have one in all of my A2s.

Koala's onion ring is vapor at the moment, but he's working hard on it and I have little doubt that I'll be ordering a couple of them when he gets it ready for production.

I just got a bag of really nice warm white 5mm LEDs and I can't wait to put them into an A2. For right now though I'm currently experiencing the cult of Ra over in the LED section and combined with 20,000 other things that I always do in May I've just had no time. I'm also out of A2's to mod!

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Yup, other than replacing the stock LED's with some other vintage (snow LED, etc.) or using the strion kit, there is very little that can be done with the A2.

Milky can definitely help you with an LED swap.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Mod the A2 5mm's yourself. It's a great early mod. Then snag a Strion kit for it. Maybe even get an Oregon shooter tailstanding ring.

mwaldron

Enlightened
If you want I'll do a warm white LED upgrade on your A2, I'd love to see what it looks like compared to a stock white and a nichia gs mod and I'm out of A2 rings until the onion ships!

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sell it and put the funds away for the A2L :eek: :green: :D

Kidding.

+1 on the strion mod - I loved it on my A2.

paintballdad

Enlightened
I'm still undecided if it's going back in the Marketplace. Thinking of sticking with P60 style Surefires with Malkoffs except for my E2DL and adding a couple more Ra's to the collection. I'm really liking the Twisty.