R2 or MCE light with U2 twist ring interface?

Are there any super bright compact lights with the surefire U2 twist ring Low low 2 low3 mid mid 2 high interface?

I love my U2 but would really like an R2 or brighter emitter.

On a side note is it possible to upgrade (without destroying) my U2 to an R2 emitter?

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few options I can think of:

New version of the U2 uses a SSC P4 emitter. I wouldn't try to upgrade this to a Cree R2 though as the gains would be minimal and most likely would not focus properly.

The upcoming Jetbeam Raptor will feature the ring and the Cree R2 emitter plus it adds 18650 compatibility. Small head version is on its way too.

Fenix TA30

Eagletac M2x/M2

ntalbot

Enlightened
There are a few options I can think of:

New version of the U2 uses a SSC P4 emitter. I wouldn't try to upgrade this to a Cree R2 though as the gains would be minimal and most likely would not focus properly.

The upcoming Jetbeam Raptor will feature the ring and the Cree R2 emitter plus it adds 18650 compatibility. Small head version is on its way too.

Fenix TA30

Eagletac M2x/M2

Where can I find info on the smaller head version of the Raptor? Any idea of ETA?

Thanks.

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
The last I heard, the small head Raptor is supposed to be out within the next couple of months. I pre-ordered my "big head" Raptor from BugOutGearUSA. JetBeam is really upping their game as of late and is turning out some nice prodicts.

I might catch some flak for this but remeber, Surefire is supposed to release the UB3 this fall. That being said, lets keep this thread on track and away from Surefire's release date issues :)

The last I heard, the small head Raptor is supposed to be out within the next couple of months. I pre-ordered my "big head" Raptor from BugOutGearUSA. JetBeam is really upping their game as of late and is turning out some nice prodicts.

I might catch some flak for this but remeber, Surefire is supposed to release the UB3 this fall. That being said, lets keep this thread on track and away from Surefire's release date issues :)

Yeah the surefires are nice but to be honest I like my non surefirs better at this point. Plus an SF light is going to be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Looks like a smallhead raptor is my choice.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Dosun lights also have a twist ring.

The current Surefire U2A(it doesn't say U2A) has a Seoul P4. You can also contact a modder and see if a Cree MC-E or Seoul P7 can be swapped for the Luxeon V in your U2.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The JB Raptor appears to be very promising and the quality of their lights is shocking. In many ways I respect their lights as much as I do Surefire and the small head Raptor might just be worth waiting for. The other "plus" is that you're only going to have to wait weeks or months and not years. I should own a large head Raptor soon so I'll let you know what I think of it.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I find info on the smaller head version of the Raptor? Any idea of ETA?

Thanks.

All I've seen is a teaser picture. Flavio from BOG seems to imply that he knows something though.

ntalbot

Enlightened
Those Dosuns look pretty nice. Not as bright as one would expect though. Maybe they are specifying OTF lumens instead of emitter lumens?

Latest posts