Wolf-eyes FOX "Digtal Cree" or "Cree" , S.O.S Mode

linneborn

Newly Enlightened
I studied some threads about LED-Tech...but don't find any answer to my question:

What is the difference between "Digital Cree" and "Cree" ?

For example: Homepage of Wolf-Eeyes describes the Fox avalible as "Digital Cree" and "Cree", but no difference in the spezifications, no longer or shorter runtime, no more or less lumen....
And what about SOS Mode ? Don't they have one ? Is there any Modification possible?

Thanks a lot...
Markus

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It's just a naming thing.

Cree makes LEDs, so "digital" won't be from the LED end of things. Digital might mean multimode. The modes are programmed to the light, so to change the modes you'll have to be able to connect to the microprocessor in the light and be able to code for it or something.

:welcome:

linneborn

Newly Enlightened
Many thanks for Welcome..

now I have all answers, like Gunner12 said its only the way of regulation.

Here ist the detailed answer from Wolf-Eeyes, good service from them:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 4:39 PM
To:
[email protected]
Subject: Fox Digtal Runtime SOS

Hello from Germany,

I have ordered a
Wolf-EyesFox I (LRB 168A) in a online shop. But i cannot see, if it is the digital or normal Version.
To find out something about the difference between Digital and Normal Cree Model, I looked at your homepage. Two different model ar described under the name of "Fox". But the specifacations don´t show any differences.

1. What is the difference between digital an non-digital in the "Fox"
2. Some online shops give a runtime about 3 h in max-mode for the akku-version,. Mistake? 3h =180 min, Mixture of 110 min and 80 min from the two versions battery and akku ?
3. What about the SOS Mode ? is there any chance to modify it ?

Many thanks for your answer...

By

M.
Germany

Dear M.,

Thanks for your mail and your interests in wolf-eyes products!

For your questions about Fox-I, our reply is below:

1.Digital Version means multi-level brightness, our default setting is 100% brightness-> 20% brightness-> 2% brightness-> strobe. You can choose different brightness to meet your different requirement. Such when you walking on the road in the evening you can choose 20% brightness, reading book at night with 2% brightness, etc.

Digital Function is fulfilled by Digital LED lamp, which is digital controlled, you can change the brightness easily by pressing the switch.

Compared with Digital Fox-I, Fox-I with normal Cree Model only has one stage, press the tail cap switch, the light turn on, press again the light turn off.

2.Please kindly check which LED chip you ordered for Fox-I. You can see the label on the LED lamp, whether it has "HO" (high output) on the label.

The runtime of Standard version is 3 hours with regulated out put; 30 minutes with unregulated output.

The runtime of HO version is 110 minutes with regulated out put; 30 minutes with unregulated output.

3.We can process special program for our digital flashlight, you can contact our Germany distributor to order any program you need. You can let us know which program you prefer, and then we can let you know whether it is feasible.

If you need any more help, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and best regards!
Vincent Qin
Overseas Sales Department
Co-Photoel Tech Co., Ltd.
Tel: 0086 - 755 - 2658 4295
Fax: 0086 - 755 - 2658 4294
E-mail:
[email protected]
http://www.wolf-eyes.com
The irritation was, some dealers mix the details of the products, e.g. the runtime from the "lower" version (180 or. 225 l) is 3h and they copy it into the description of the HO Version. Or sometimes explizit write "Digital Cree" sometimes not, although they describe the possible switch-modes. Ok, they have to learn to make korrekt describtions.

Thanks.... M.