Re Malkoff,

Willieboy

Newly Enlightened
Whick P60 dropins for a C2 type of light do you guys like/recommend? Do you have a favorite?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
M60WL for my general use. What will you be doing with this light? It will help us with our recommendations.

This thread does belong in the LED section however. I'm sure at 1 post you had no idea! Anyway welcome aboard, hold on to your wallet!!!!!

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
It can appear a bit daunting at first, but L means lower output (high runtime) and W means warm emitter. And its available here.

Malkoff is the dropin brand if this light will be doing important things.

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, Willieboy.

You've picked the most popular and best-regarded brand of drop-in, and I'm sure most people will endorse that. They come in various flavors of output, beam shape and tint, so you'll have a choice to make.

You thread belongs in the LED Flashlight forum, not in Incandescent, so I'm moving it for you now.

entendu

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:Ditto on the DM51 comment. I've been reading about the Malkoff drop ins for some time now and just received a M60WF. I wanted a flood with some throw to replace my G 2 emitter and can't say enough good things about this beauty. My previous flood king was the Nuawi TM 301X-5 and its no contest with the Malkoff M60WF. You got to experience the difference warm color makes at night. I can see why there in short supply they are hand made and the attention to detail is what sets them apart. Plus the reputation of Gene is outstanding. Who says American know how is dead. Malkoff proves how wrong that is.

:wave:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
M30W:hitit::whistle:

I have lots of 17670 li-ions and strongly prefer the warm tint even though it is a bit dimmer (hardly noticeable IMHO).

I prefer the normal to the flood version since a beamshaper gives my C2 all the flood I need (I use the F23), but nothing can give a floody light throw. The beamshaper also protects the lens during transport.

Sverre

Willieboy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your replies guys. I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong area.

I ordered the C2 last night and will likely order the basic M60 with some flood and throw for my first foray into the flashlight world.

Gene at Malkoff told me I can use this dropin with rechargable CR123s and that sounds ideal to me.

There sure is a great deal to learn. I just mastered my candle and storm lamp, but the quest for knowledge never ends.

Thanks again,

Bill

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't get us wrong - I switched to an M60 during the last generation (which are even more tightly focused than new ones) and was blown away by how the flood lights up a room compared to the old Inova X3 5-watt. There's plenty of flood for room ranges, but for close-up, nothing beats a Surefire FM34 on top of a Malkoff for the ability to get OMG bright flood lighting. With the ability to use it at range or up close, it's a great combination.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I ordered the C2 last night and will likely order the basic M60 with some flood and throw for my first foray into the flashlight world.
:thumbsup: on the basic M60, it's the most popular for good reason. If you decide on a different variety of Malkoff in the future, it's probably the easiest one to re-sell, generally going for ~90% of the price for a new one. If/when you get into LiIon rechargeables, it's very helpful to read both of Mdocod's guides, this one first:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/201375
The basic M60 works great on either one or two 3.7v LiIon rechargeables.
Enjoy your M60,
K

importculture

Newly Enlightened
Just got my hands on the m60 MC-E. It is extraordinary. I highly recommend it. It has a flood type beam but the intensity is awesome. I like it so much I'm going to try to comment on it in the reviews section when I get the chance.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, only M60s are in my C2's & Z2's, because they are for use with my handguns (CCW). I also only use M60's in my 6 & 9P's (metal SF's get M60's; see the theme here, LOL). My G2ZL's, black G2L's, & G3L's only get M60L's. My yellow G2L's only get M60LL's. Using this method I ALWAYS know what I am getting, whatever light I pick up. It may not work for you, put it works well for me.

So for me, I see NO reason to have anything BUT an M60 in a C2, C3, or Z2 (all Tactical lights to me, why else would I spend almost twice the price of a 6 or 9P, but to each his own). And as to the Flood versions, no thank you, I'll use my SF 34 diffuser's and then have 2 lights-in-one, If & WHEN I need flood.

As always, My .02 FWIW YMMV.....

Last edited: