Possible to turn my SF M2 into a M3T?

Rifter

Enlightened
as long as its output is similer to a M3T thats all i care about. I just dont have the cash to drop on a M3T right now. Where can you order a A19 and the Turbo head? who has them cheap?

Rifter

Enlightened
Is it possible to turn my current SF, a M2. Into a M3T? I know you can get a tube to attach that will add another cell but if i did do that would the M3T head fit?

K-T

*Moderator*
There is no possible way to turn your M2 into a true M3. What you can do is attach an A19 adapter onto your M2 (it's that tube you are talking about) to make it a 3cell light. But remember that you will lose the combat grip option. Now get a KT2-HA turbohead upgrade (it's not the same turbohead used for the M3T but it uses the same LA's) and you can use either the N2(105lm/60min), the MN15(125lm/60min) or the MN16(225lm/20min) with that turbohead. Output and beamshape should be similar to the M3T but the KT2 is not shock isolated so if you have to use the 3cell version a lot you might consider buying the M3T sometime since it has some advantages compared to the converted M2.
wink.gif

Klaus.