L4 flickering???

dcycleman

Enlightened
anybody else's L4 ever start flickering like an overhead floresent light?? never did it before, just happened like 10 minutes ago, I thought it might be due to low bats but then it just stopped. weird

Size15's

Flashaholic
If you actually change to fresh SF123A's and the flicking stops [until the batteries are almost used up] then the batteries you are currently using are almost used up and on their last coughs of juice.

If you actually change to fresh SF123A's and the flickering continues then unless the contact surfaces are dirty or the TailCap is damaged it would indicate something wrong with the KL4 bezel and time to give SureFire a call.

Illum

Flashaholic
the L4 circuitry will start strobing at ~1Hz when the cells are nearly dead....if its left running to a point the LED will appear to flicker as the inductor's flux is becoming depleted.

I think its a normal occurrence, try a new set of cells. It could also be a VERY DIRTY contact in the head, try unscrewing the bezel, grab tome tissues and wipe the rim of the body, then reassemble. Results should improve.
Surefire designed the head so the contacts cannot be easily cleaned by hand...its one of those pet peeves I have for the E series LED lights:ohgeez:

*doh* Size15s had it first :)

KRUPPSTAHL

Newly Enlightened
my L4 started flickering....

first only sometimes, then more often.

then the LED darkens forever....

send it to SF for repair, 2 weeks later back, like new.

unfortunately...they declined my asking for upgrading to the newer, brighter

version. i even offered to pay.

but still....i somewhat enjoy the little sweeper.