Anything I can do with my L-Mini bodies?

stevemorg

Newly Enlightened
For a couple of reasons my the LEDs in my 2 L-Mini bodies no longer work. I'm not able to repair them - I don't have the knowlege or the tools.

Does anyone know if there are any drop-ins that will work in the bodies I have? - I could just replace them but that seems to be a bit of a waste

Hawk600

Newly Enlightened
You may need a new 3.0 ~ 4.2v P-60 drop-in.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I don't think the L-mini uses drop-ins. Do you know what part is wrong? The LED, the switch, the driver? All of them can probably be switched out pretty easily if you know how to solder and have the right tools.

Hawk600

Newly Enlightened
You are right...for some reason I thought OP was mentioning a Solarforce L2 mini....:D

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L-Mini bodies are great if you want to modify the design (my own L-Mini now has a 2-mode driver and SSC P4 LED), but they don't use drop-ins - the modifications must be done the hard way.
If you don't know how to do them or don't want to bother learning, drop me a line - I'm interested in the bodies for other flashlight designs I have in mind.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L-mini II is out now, so you might want to look into getting one of those. They have hard anodizing, which the original didn't have.

stevemorg

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all of the advice - certainly I can't put any of the drop-ins in the body, I was hoping that maybe somewhere there was a source for the complete unit with the LED, driver and heatsink that would just replace what I already have but doesn't work.

Re. the L-Mini II I don't think I'll be buying anything else from Shining Beam - they are great little torches but it would appear that I have unrealistic customer service expectations.

Fallingwater - mail me if you are interested in the bodies (though I'm not sure it's worth sending them from the UK!

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fallingwater - mail me if you are interested in the bodies (though I'm not sure it's worth sending them from the UK!
UK-Italy shipping for small, light items such as L-Mini bodies shouldn't be very expensive.
I can't mail you because you haven't listed an e-mail address in your profile, but I'm sending you a private message. Thanks :)

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L-mini is too small to take P60 dropins.

Yes , I saw that after my post :

Have you considered having them fixed ? what about warranty ? were they covered ?

Depending on the design , and how deep the tube is , and whats wrong .

Is the body in two parts or three . ? Because if you can get at the parts , then fixing them might be easy . Just swap out the failed parts .

Would it be a terrible offer : Send 2 away get one back working ?

Matt