Where can I find an aluminum head for G2L

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
Dear friends,

I apologize if this seems like a stupid question. My father has a G2L, an older version with the Nitrolon head. The newer version of the G2L of course has the aluminum head. Im wondering where I can purchase an aluminum head for his G2L. Should I just go directly to Surefire and call. Or are there places online that sell spare heads. I've looked at a few websites (batteryjunction, brightguy, and others) and couldnt find anything.

Your help is much obliged.

Jeff

Kestrel

Flashaholic
The CPF Marketplace is your best bet:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/forumdisplay.php?f=123
The aluminum G2L bezels don't come up very often, but any 6P bezel will work just as well - the only difference should be the finish, glossy instead of matte. Used or new, it doesn't really matter.

You're also getting a pyrex lens instead of the Lexan on the older G2 bezels, which is also an upgrade.

Expect to pay ~$20 or so if you're patient.

You can also try e-bay to get the generic "6P-compatible" bezels, but I try to stay with SF parts as much as I can.

Hope this helps,

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Option #2 is to find a new-production G2 (not a G2L) for cheap - I've seen them as low as $25. $30 is also a good price. The new-production G2's should also have the aluminum bezel - you can tell by seeing the hex sides rather than the series of nubs. Then swap the bezels, the P60 incan lamp assembly will be perfectly happy in it's 'new' nitrolon bezel. Presto, a very inexpensive backup, compared with shelling out $20 for just the bezel.

Edit: I think this is a valid strategy, I know I've read a post to that effect on CPF. However, the SF website still depicts the incan G2 with a nitrolon bezel.:thinking:

You can still do something similar with folks who have purchased G2L's, taken out the SF LED module, & placed a P60 incan lamp to make an inexpensive sell-able flashlight. I've seen this a few times on CPF/M. Voila, an incandescent G2 with an aluminum bezel, just what you need for swapping parts.

Last edited: