Lumens Factory 3-mode drop-in

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have the new Lumens Factory multi-mode drop-in?
http://www.lumensfactory.com/new_products.php I don't understand why they chose 6v to 13v as the input. It would seem to me that they should have made it 3v to 9v or something like that. That way it could work with single cells like so many of us run.Oh well.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure Lighthound will have these in stock shortly as they carry the Lumens Factory line. This one looks to be a winner. Make sure to post your thoughts about it when it arrives.

jbviau

Enlightened
Right, I was surprised not to find more info. on this drop-in here. Sure, I'll let you both know what I think once it arrives. It's for a G2 running on a 17670.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in the 3-3.7v one as well and was ready to buy one, but since I didn't find any info on it here, I decided to wait for some feedback before purchasing.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've have not been able to find the output numbers on the Lumen Factory website but Lighthound list them.

jbviau

Enlightened
Do they? I didn't see anything on Lighthound. Have a link?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I just ordered one straight from LF. :D

A great deal on a multi mode that leaves all the blinky modes out! They cut their teeth on the single mode and got everything right after the one round of revisions.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do they? I didn't see anything on Lighthound. Have a link?

I wasn't very clear. WHEN the bulb finally gets on the Lighthound website, he publishes the lumen output. I never see those numbers published on the Lumen Factory website.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Hi Guys,

Yes, the 3 mode LED module has just been released a short while ago, so there are not many feedbacks on the forums. But be sure to post your comments, so we can continue to improve our products. :)

You guys will see the newer products on Lighthound soon as they are probably just waiting to get all the newer products in stock on one order.

As for the "numbers", we have always have lumens output for the Incan modules since we made the lamps. But since we do not make the LED we will leave the ratings to be taken cared of by Cree.

The specs, LED used and current draw are all on the product describion, so you guys should be quite clear on what to expect. There are beamshots of our other LED models posted on CPF for your reference also.

The beam quality is the same as our previous models, if you are on high mode the output will be roughly the same as our single mode models.

This 3 mode model is a bit different then most multi mode modules on the market as it starts off from Low to Mid to High. We designed this mainly for EDC purposes. We don't like SOS and flash, so those were not used.

Hope this helps, if you guys need anything, please feel free to PM me or email us.

Cheers,

Mark

jbviau

Enlightened
Eric, the description does say it has memory. So if you prefer that the drop-in start in high mode I'm assuming you could just leave it on high every time you turn the light off.

Mark, thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to playing with this drop-in once it arrives. Will I know when it ships? Maybe this isn't the place to ask. I just haven't ordered from LF directly before. All I've gotten is a PayPal receipt so far.

I'll leave it to someone with a better understanding of electronics to extrapolate rough estimated output numbers from the published specs and current draw. Any volunteers? ;)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Hi Guys,

Yes, the 3 mode LED module has just been released a short while ago, so there are not many feedbacks on the forums. But be sure to post your comments, so we can continue to improve our products. :)

This 3 mode model is a bit different then most multi mode modules on the market as it starts off from Low to Mid to High. We designed this mainly for EDC purposes. We don't like SOS and flash, so those were not used.

Mark
You will be sure to get my feedback! I was very pleased with the last offering.
Thank you for the much needed break from blinky mode hell. :D
I bet you could sell these drivers alone to a few modders, myself included.
Any chance?

Also while you are here, would you care to look into making the reflector opening smaller and using the XP-E LED in the future? This LED kills most of the rings by it's self so you can get great throw from a smooth reflector and not worry about the beam profile so much.

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric, the description does say it has memory. So if you prefer that the drop-in start in high mode I'm assuming you could just leave it on high every time you turn the light off.
Thank you :thumbsup: I must have overlooked this.

Will I know when it ships? Maybe this isn't the place to ask. I just haven't ordered from LF directly before.
I´ve had a few orders up to now and received a shipping notice every time.

Eric

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Yes, I come to the forum at least weekly, so give me a shout whenever, you guys are the end users, so your inputs are very important to us. :)

Yes, we have shipping notice for every order, sometimes it is blocked by spam filter though. Most orders ship out within 48 hours.

No, Sgt. LED, we will not be using XP-E, but we will be using XP-G when it is available. PM me for the other question. :sssh:

Also, congrats on the 5000 post. Great job. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Mark