vehicle prowl

nohcho

Newly Enlightened
So ok, somebody knocks on my door at 0400 hours, i was like who the hell is that in the middle of the night. It was my neighbour who was eager to give me a good news. My Honda civic that was parked on the street (right in front of my house, in Bothell), was broken into.

Someone smashed front drivers window, but did not take anything simply because i have not driven it in a month. Bothell Police Officer shows up to take a report, in bust out of the cruiser with the M@gcharger, and i whipped out my Solarforce L950M and light up the whole place.

Officerwas caught off guard, it was almost as bright as a spotlight mounted on a Vic. I gave him few advices about flashlights and about this forum. He took a report, and i went on to sleep on. Thought i'd share.

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every LE department should have atleast one flashlight geek. Heck they dont even have to have a flashaholic just someone who can help the officers stay up to date with the best lights. The flashlight is the best and probably the most used tool on an officers duty belt. It really frustrates me to no end when I see or hear a story like this, but way to go nohcho showing him whats up.

Mach1

Newly Enlightened
Never, ever "surprise" an armed police officer. Next time, hit him in the face with your MegaBeam CR123 X53 flashlight when he comes to your car window on a night traffic stop. Then, you'll get all sorts of advices from the doctors in the emergency room.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
Only a true "flashaholic" would reflect more emotion in showing off his flashlight then having his car broken into. That is why I love this disease, as long as we can shed some light on the subject all is well.

Good story, sorry about your car.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So ok, somebody knocks on my door at 0400 hours, i was like who the hell is that in the middle of the night. It was my neighbour who was eager to give me a good news. My Honda civic that was parked on the street (right in front of my house, in Bothell), was broken into.

Someone smashed front drivers window, but did not take anything simply because i have not driven it in a month.

If you park on the street, it's a good idea to move your car once every few days. The potential car thief probably figured you were away on vacation, or perhaps had even abandoned the car.

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
sorry to hear about your car... i did however experience the "my light is bigger than yours" with the aparment security when my sister's car was broken into. I had my sl tl-3 w/ 2x 17500 on me so i used it to light the engine bay so he can attach the portable battery charger. I think he had a sl stinger on him. car started but my sister turned it off after getting near our apt door and it died again. i flagged down the security officer down and he gladly helps again. only this time when i held the hood open he took out his other baton like streamlight (sl-20 or 35, forgot which) to light the engine bay. It was pure white light compared to my sl tl3. i thought "you lucky i don't have my 2D MagROP-HI with me"... got the car started again and called it a night.

Patriot

Flashaholic
That was funny when you saw the cop caught off guard by the output of your light. Most CPFers have seen that look before..lol. He sounds like a nice guy since he was asking your some questions about it. I hope he finds us.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
None of my Cop friends know much about flashlights or knives.

Every once in a while I will get them Surefire flashlights, and Emerson, Benchmade or Spyderco knives as gifts.

I do it because they are my dear friends.

Sorry to hear of the hassle with your car.