• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* empty LED tower for Surefire M3T/M4/M6/KT1/KT2/KT4 head(used with 17mm driver)

NetKidz

Enlightened
For Sale: empty LED tower for Surefire M3T/M4/M6/KT1/KT2/KT4 head.

If you need more empty tower, please post your interests in this thread. Thanks. :)

(complete LED module is at: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=231237)

SF-Tower-01.jpg

SF-Tower-03.jpg

SF-Tower-02.jpg

It's black anodized and could take 17mm diameter driver board. The driver height should be about 6mm including PCB. Higher is also okay but you'll need to fix the driver board by glue or something.

It's for LuxIII, LuxV. I didn't test K2, but it sould works. SSC P4 also works.

I have (ALL SOLD) sets left.
Price: US$25 each
Shipping: US$2.5 (up to two sets), add $0.5 for each additional.

They will be shipped worldwide via registered airmail. Trackable but not insured. If not insured, after I handed it to post officeI couldn't be responsible for item lost or damage in transit. Shipping with insurance is optional at buyer's expense. If you want insurance, please let me know your country and I'll figure out if it's available and the additional charge.

I accept PayPal payment only. No eCheck payment since it'll need over one month to clear. Cash funded PayPal preferred (If pay by CreditCard PayPal, please add 4%).

Here's my PayPal address: (please remove all spaces)
Cash PP: cash @ miyu . tw
CreditCard PP (+4%): cc @ miyu . tw
Please remember to include you CPF ID and quantity in PayPal note.

Thanks. :)

==== Order List ====
nailbender, 6 pcs, PP received, shipped on 5/11
tx101, 1 pcs, PP received, shipped on 5/11
Justin Case, 4 pcs, PP received, shipped on 5/12
9x23, 1 pcs, PP received, shipped on 5/12

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: empty LED tower for Surefire M3T/M4/M6/KT1/KT2/KT4 head.

Hi Buddy

I will take six of these, it is great to see some of these that will accept a 17MM driver.

:paypal:

Thanks

Dave

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: empty LED tower for Surefire M3T/M4/M6/KT1/KT2/KT4 head.

I'll take 1 Tower

EDIT .... Paypal sent

Thanks

Last edited:

NetKidz

Enlightened
Re: FS: empty LED tower for Surefire M3T/M4/M6/KT1/KT2/KT4 head. (used with 17mm driv

nailbender,
tx101,

Towers shipped on 5/11 morning. If you didn't get the tracking number, please let me know.

Sometimes the driver will be a little smaller than 17mm. When assembling, I'd suggest apply a few screw adhesive at the outer of the driver board (toward the tower). It will hold the driver in place and it's also easier to pull out for repair or replace in the future.

Thanks again.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: empty LED tower for Surefire M3T/M4/M6/KT1/KT2/KT4 head. (used with 17mm driv

I will take four.

Paypal coming.

:paypal:

Four LED towers
4x$25
$2.50 shipping for the first two towers
$1.00 shipping for the other two towers
4% PP credit card fee ($4.14)
Total, $107.64

Last edited:

9x23

Enlightened

I'll take the last one. PP Cash sent!

9x23

Last edited:

NetKidz

Enlightened
Justin Case,
9x23,

PP received. I'll ship them tomorrow morning.

Thanks again. :)

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, what emitters are you other guys planning to mount? I may stick with my tried and true SSC P4. Probably have to use a shim if the tower is mainly for the Luxeon III and V. I'll have to check this, since the completed tower sales thread shows a tower using an Edison Opto KLC8 LED, which I thought had the same die height as a Seoul P4. I might try an MC-E in 2S2P, especially with the expanded driver choice now that I can use 17mm.

Netkidz, do you have a good source for the small center spring? I suppose I can gut some old electronics like remote controls.

Any plans to make more?

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, what emitters are you other guys planning to mount? I may stick with my tried and true SSC P4. Probably have to use a shim if the tower is mainly for the Luxeon III and V. I'll have to check this, since the completed tower sales thread shows a tower using an Edison Opto KLC8 LED, which I thought had the same die height as a Seoul P4. I might try an MC-E in 2S2P, especially with the expanded driver choice now that I can use 17mm.

Netkidz, do you have a good source for the small center spring? I suppose I can gut some old electronics like remote controls.

Any plans to make more?

It's for LuxIII, LuxV. I didn't test K2, but it sould works. SSC P4 also works.

Yup .... the SSC P4 works :)

I just received some Osram Diamond Dragon emitters and I think they will
fit thru the KT2 reflector opening ..... I wonder what the focus will be like ?

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that the ad said "It's for LuxIII, LuxV. I didn't test K2, but it sould works. SSC P4 also works." But the Lux III and V have a different die height than the Seoul P4 does. It is well-known that the P4 die is about 0.03" lower than the Lux die height. So if the tower height is set for the Lux, then you will probably need a shim for the P4.

But the other ad for completed towers shows an Edison KLC8 LED, which I thought had the same die height as the P4. Hence my slight confusion on the focus for this tower. Maybe the tower height is set in-between? Regardless, I am going to measure the dimensions of this tower and compare it to the AW/ARCmania tower.

NetKidz

Enlightened
My center spring was used out. The old source was also gone. :green: If I found proper spings, I'll send them later.

Any plans to make more?
If there's enough interest, Yes. :)

I know that the ad said "It's for LuxIII, LuxV. I didn't test K2, but it sould works. SSC P4 also works." But the Lux III and V have a different die height than the Seoul P4 does. It is well-known that the P4 die is about 0.03" lower than the Lux die height. So if the tower height is set for the Lux, then you will probably need a shim for the P4.

But the other ad for completed towers shows an Edison KLC8 LED, which I thought had the same die height as the P4. Hence my slight confusion on the focus for this tower. Maybe the tower height is set in-between? Regardless, I am going to measure the dimensions of this tower and compare it to the AW/ARCmania tower.

Yes, each LED has different die height. From technical point, they may not at perfect focal point. Everyone's feeling isn't the same, the beam may be tighter or looser, but there's no dark hole in the center for practical use.

The tower height is about 20mm. I also have AW/ARCmania tower for P4, it's about 20.5mm.

Thanks.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup .... the SSC P4 works :)

I just received some Osram Diamond Dragon emitters and I think they will
fit thru the KT2 reflector opening ..... I wonder what the focus will be like ?

The DD will fit in the heads quite readily, you will have to cut the contacts almost all the way off and with what Julian has stated on length of pedestal the focus will be great with a very tight hotspot but little throw. I am sure you will be pleased

Having the option of 17MM drivers is also a real plus which only leave finding a driver that will please all.:devil:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I measured 0.806" for the AW tower, which is 20.47mm. I can try some tests with some shims to back out the tower by about 0.5mm to see the effect on the beam focus.

I look forward to future sales of your tower, and hope that you find some extra center springs. :twothumbs

NetKidz

Enlightened
Justin Case,
9x23,

Towers shipped on 5/12 morning. Tracking information updated in the PayPal transaction, if you didn't get it, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received the modules today. Thank you.

I also measured the tower's "stem" height. Got 0.788", vs. 0.806" for my Seoul focus AW tower. Delta of 0.018". In theory, the die height difference between a Lux and SSC P4 is 0.03" (0.03" copper shims are available from sources such as The Sandwich Shoppe). I can't say how sensitive the beam quality in a SureFire TH is to the focus height. It seems from the photos in the Completed LED tower thread that the beam quality is not that sensitive to focus height.

I'll have to do my shim tests on an existing AW tower and SF TH.

Edit: Did two quick and dirty tests. I used two 0.03" copper shims from The Sandwich Shoppe.

Test 1: AW Seoul focus tower with an SSC P4 in an SF KT4 TH.

Unshimmed, the AW tower beam quality was excellent as expected. At 1 foot (30 cm) from a white wall, the hot spot was well focused and bright. The spill was smooth and defect-free.

I then inserted the shims between the tower's base and the KT4 reflector bottom, effectively shortening the tower stem by 0.03". At 1 foot from a white wall, the hot spot had a clear donut hole. At farther distances, however, the beam looked fine.

Finally, I measured hot spot lux at 1 meter. I got about a 15% decrease in lux for the shimmed tower vs unshimmed tower.

Although it seems that the naked eye can't tell the difference, I'll probably use one of my copper shims if I use a P4 on these towers. I may file down the shim to 0.02".

Test 2: AW Seoul focus tower with a Cree MC-E (mounted on an 0.03" thick copper shim) in an SF KT4 TH.

Poor beam quality when shimmed. Even at about 6 feet, there was a bad "Cree cross" in the beam. Basically, shimming the AW tower is like mounting the MC-E on the tower without a shim under the LED. It seems that the MC-E is more sensitive to tower focus than a single-die P4.

I will either use a double shim for an MC-E or not use an MC-E with these towers.

Last edited:

9x23

Enlightened
Justin Case,
9x23,

Towers shipped on 5/12 morning. Tracking information updated in the PayPal transaction, if you didn't get it, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Netkidz,

I received my tower too. That was very fast shipping!

Thanks again!

9x23

NetKidz

Enlightened
I got some positive contact springs. If you buy the tower and need the springs, just let me know and I'll ship them for free.

Thanks. :)

9x23

Enlightened
Hi Netkidz,

I would like a spring for my tower. Thanks for following up with these, much appreciated.

9x23

NetKidz

Enlightened
Hi Netkidz,

I would like a spring for my tower. Thanks for following up with these, much appreciated.

9x23

Springs mailed on 5/25 morning. It's via ordinary airmail and may be slower than registered airmail.

Thanks again.