TK40 Mod?

strideredc

Enlightened
has anyone taken theres apart yet? i was thinking of changing the MC-E for a warmer tint?

i dont have any strap wrenches to try yet?

strideredc

Enlightened
no one:candle: i thourght this was CPF;)

looks like i am going to get some strap wrenches:whistle:

strideredc

Enlightened
anyone:shrug:

i havent been able to get some wenches yet to try...

my tk40 is needing some warm led upgrade:whistle:

Wattnot

Enlightened
I'm going to WAG this and say that perhaps it doesn't make sense to take apart a $150 flashlight in that manner. The return on invesment seems low and the risk seems way too high for what you are proposing. Are you sure the driver will work with the LED you would replace the stock one with? Can you center it perfectly? Will the stock reflector get along with your new emitter?

If you want to do something like this, buy a $25 Maglite and play with that. People here make battery holders so you can have as many AAs as you want. People here make reflectors and there are links to other reflectors and glass lenses and such. All can be had for much less than the cost of a new (or even used) TK40.

strideredc

Enlightened
I'm going to WAG this and say that perhaps it doesn't make sense to take apart a $150 flashlight in that manner. The return on invesment seems low and the risk seems way too high for what you are proposing. Are you sure the driver will work with the LED you would replace the stock one with? Can you center it perfectly? Will the stock reflector get along with your new emitter?

If you want to do something like this, buy a $25 Maglite and play with that. People here make battery holders so you can have as many AAs as you want. People here make reflectors and there are links to other reflectors and glass lenses and such. All can be had for much less than the cost of a new (or even used) TK40.

What I have done with most of my lights is mod them when LED technology moves on…have you not seen the moded M6's Kroma's ect ect they make a Fenix look cheap!

I am presuming that once apart it would be quite easy to swap out the LED for another (MC-E) just depends on how the pill is put together? Centring should not be an issue because of the way it sits tight in the reflector.

I really like the idea of a warm TK40? No one else??? Return on investment is subjective?

Soon as I get some wrenches I will have a look, I was just suppressed that no one else had done this and posted?

As far as not wanting to take a $150 flashlight apart, are we both on the same forum?:shrug:

dwminer

Enlightened
What I have done with most of my lights is mod them when LED technology moves on…have you not seen the moded M6's Kroma's ect ect they make a Fenix look cheap!

I am presuming that once apart it would be quite easy to swap out the LED for another (MC-E) just depends on how the pill is put together? Centring should not be an issue because of the way it sits tight in the reflector.

I really like the idea of a warm TK40? No one else??? Return on investment is subjective?

Soon as I get some wrenches I will have a look, I was just suppressed that no one else had done this and posted?

As far as not wanting to take a $150 flashlight apart, are we both on the same forum?:shrug:

Please do update your progress. It's been over half a year.
Thanks and good luck.