Nice forum

robk

Enlightened
I just want to say that of all the forums I post to, this one has the finest quality people - honest, hard working, real genuine first class people. I have varied interests and belong to many forums where sometimes I meet people of questionable integrity! People here seem to be laid back and real. I have had a few monetary deals with strangers (some dealers, some individuals) here and I have had no worries of being scammed. I know it sounds corny, but this place is really nice and everybody I have communicated with seems to be a fine upstanding individual. It is rare nowadays to come into contact with so many fine people. As you know, this is a nasty world - but I think we have a quite unique group here, and I'm proud to be a part of it.
Rob

Darell

Flashaholic
Well said Rob. And I agree. It is getting harder and harder to hang onto that unique, friendly edge that the CPF has always enjoyed - but even with our exploding membership, this really is the nicest place on the internet to be.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have to agree with you also.

What really amazes me is the variety of people here on CPF. There are a lot of really diverse people here (politically, socially, economically, religiously speaking) and yet for the most part everyone gets along. Even most of the disagreements are civil. It is definitely a nice place to visit.

Pat

gyverpete

Enlightened
Ditto. With so much junk on the WEB it's refreshing to come to a site like this. Cheers to the administrators, moderators and most of us for making it that way.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'm in total agreement with the above posts. DavidW has provided a very nice and informative Forum devoted to photonic technology (and a few other various subjects). Being a "fairly" new moderator, I would like to take this opportunity to thank DavidW, Sasha, and all of the Administrators & Moderators, as well as the members for what we have here!

Of course now and then it takes a little "self control and policing" to "keep the yard in order", but in general that's not a real hard task due to the maturity levels of the members.

zmoz

Enlightened
I frequent many forums as well...too many really. Some have a relatively happy attitude, some have a crappy attitude. This is one of the better ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

arioch

Enlightened
I agree w/ all of the above. CPF is the first forum that I had registered on, after lurking for a few days, and am still enjoying the discussions and personalities here.

I have been spending some time on a few Matrix Reloaded forums since watching the movie. At least one of them really needs some proactive moderators. Lots of profanity, personal attacks over minor opinions, etc. The moderators here keep on top of their respective areas, and keep things pretty clean and orderly.

I guess when you find a good product/forum first, you then notice the difference when you surf the others. Kudos to all of those keeping and maintaining CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a forum kind of guy. Forums, in general, seem pretty much of a waste of time. I have visited places where the folks seem to talk and not say much of any interest to anyone else. Many of them are very angry and just want someone to hear their gripes.

CPF is definitely different. At CPF I find people who listen to one another and who help one another. There's very little griping here. When I do see it, in almost every instance, it's honest criticism and results in an open comparison of views.

I think a good way to describe CPF is as a healthy, enjoyable, and informative place to be.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, CPF is a healthy, civil community where we are all a big family stretched across the world. Hopefully it stays this way, and I'd like to thank the admins and the moderators. Good job, keep it up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Dan

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan,

One of the things I like here is the diversity in ages. You are young and I am old, yet we can talk on a level playing field. That's real mellow, man. Cat's pajamas, if you know what I mean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Paul_W said:
Cat's pajamas, if you know what I mean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, Dan, at least we speak the same language when it comes to flashlights. That's why this forum is "nice."

BTW, the term is described at:

http://www.m-w.com/lighter/cool/coolnova.htm

If you try using this term (or some of the other ones given there) on some old folks, you'll get a smile for sure. It's the cat's pajamas. You'll be cool in their book. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Latest posts