D10 problem?

bagman

Enlightened
I've been pocket carrying my D10 for months ever since I got it and never had any problems until last week.

It came on in my pocket a few times which is a bit disconcerting when on high :D but didnt think much of it until I took it out of my pocket a couple of days ago and dropped it on the bedside cabinet and it came on without the piston being pressed.

It does not do this all the time but it also comes on on its own when tapped on its base on a surface, and it does nothave to be tapped very hard for it to come on??

Its always been run on AW's protected 14500's

Any ideas about something simple or do you think it needs to go back?

Thanks in advance

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get in touch with customer service and tell them the problem. I have dropped mine many times and my little one loves to bang it against furniture or my head lol and it does'nt come on at all.....only when i press the piston.

bagman

Enlightened
I would get in touch with customer service and tell them the problem. I have dropped mine many times and my little one loves to bang it against furniture or my head lol and it does'nt come on at all.....only when i press the piston.

:D I know what you mean.

I have dropped 4sevens an emal, I'm sure it will get sorted.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
This behavior might be affected by just exactly how far you turn the body of the light after a battery/cell change. I twist mine until the white printing on each half of the light aligns (roughly). If you turn it less or more, your experience may vary. This light is a very interesting combination of analog and digital technology.