Jetbeam raptor rrt-1 is here.

hossdaniels

Newly Enlightened
Got it today:party:. Not dark yet:whistle:. Here is a couple pics from in the house.

IMG_1261.jpg

A beamshot at the ceiling.
IMG_1259.jpg

LowFlux

Enlightened
I got mine today also. Some initial thoughts:

Nicely packaged in a foam box, came with a spare washer and clicky. Fit and finish are flawless, including threads.

Huge head. I don't own one to compare, but it's size reminds me of a slightly-smaller Surefire M3T. This flashlight is very forward-weighted with the sweet spot located right at the selector ring. This won't be a pocket-carry flashlight. Since there is no factory sheath, I am thinking about a Surefire V71.

This is the deepest reflector of any LED flashlight I own. The reflector appears to extend all the way down to the mode-selecting-ring. Should make this a throw monster.

Average feedback on the selector ring; it rolls a little smoother than I like. I'd prefer a little more solid feedback to the ring or a better click you can "feel" (not hear). If you don't pay attention to the feedback it's easy to roll past the mode.

Someone pointed out they don't like the standby-mode location on the selecting-ring mode, and I have to agree that where they placed it limits the practicality. Rolling from left-to-right goes High - Med - Low - Strobe - Standby. IMO it would make sense to have Standby between High and Strobe (L-M-H-Standby-Strobe, or vice versa).

Strobe randomizer is 3 different strobe frequencies that the light cycles through; fast-medium-slow (then repeat). It holds each frequency for about a second so it cycles about every 3 seconds.

Beam is a little ringy; but I went for R2 and SMO so it's to be expected.

Brightest LED I've ever seen (my first R2, everything else I own is Q5). Just doing a white wall test at 10 feet is enough to leave spots in my vision from the hot spot. I can't wait to give it a try tonight. While I'm not too impressed with the strobe randomizer (no I haven't tried it on myself), I can see where the brightness of this light should compensate for it.

Forward clicky is decent. It's a little recessed so you have to be "over" the surrounding ring to hit it directly.

This is no pocket-carry EDC light, it appears to be a tool for security or police and I will need a holster for any level of carry. All in all, I like it, and as I already said I am looking forward to giving it a try tonight!

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow I thought the head would be much larger, like A10 size. Seems to be very compact and nice looking.

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
So I have my facts straight, JB is making a version with a smaller head, right?

The thread thats floating around says they are coming out with Raptor 2 and is suppose to have a smaller head. Sometime this month but we all know how that goes!!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a quality piece of work. I want Raptor 2 now! :laughing: