Which torch takes tritium vials?

bigmul

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm interested in a torch (flashlight!) that can take tritium vials. So far I can only think of Nitecore D10/EX10 with the aftermarket piston, Lummi's and that's all I know of! Ideally I'd be looking for something easily available in the UK and that takes readily available batteries (AAA's, AA's or CR123's).

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

Marduke

Flashaholic
Besides custom lights, most any aluminum light can easily take a tritium vial with a Dremel tool and 5 minutes :naughty:

HKJ

Flashaholic
4sevens is selling a slotted piston for the NiteCore D10/EX10, that can take a trit.
But mostly it is in custom lights like BitZ and Mako

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Peter's Arc6 has a slotted piston as well.

Mayo

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting question, does 'easily available' mean in a shop or by the net?

I think other than customs, I can't think of any unmodded torch that fits the bill.

But you can get quite a few modded bezels for readily available torches, that can take trits. Mags of various sizes, Ra, HDS, etc.

You can also epoxy your trits into the reflector assembly of some torches, if you can take them apart that is!

The Icon lights are mostly slotted, so you might find a good place for trits there.

Good luck in your search.

bigmul

Newly Enlightened
Over the net is how I usually buy everything, I suppose by easily available I was more thinking of UK distributors than anything else to avoid import duties and VAT! lol

Being a bit of a noob you might have to point me in the right direction here...HDS = Ra lights?

The Ra & Arc6 look a bit out of my price range really, not to mention to my eye they look pretty fugly too - sorry to those that own them!

So far it looks like only the D10/EX10 are fairly priced and have what I'm after. Interested to know where you can get mag trit slots though - anyone advise?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try doing a general search for tritium and you'll find a lot of stuff. The Bezel mods are generally in the B/S/T threads but pricey.

Here's a thread for the DIY tritium mods:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/218109

It applies to a Ra twisty but I'm sure the method would work on most lights.

Good luck in your endeavours.

Don't forget to post piccies when you are done!