H501 arrived today. Very happy!

SilentK

Enlightened
Well today i received my long awaited zebralight h501. needless to say, i was excited. :grin2: well after ripping open the package, my prized headlamp was waiting for me looking as beautiful as could be. i quickly put an eneloop in and went into a dark room to fire her up.as soon as i did, a broad smile appeared on my face as the room was filled with a nice floody beam. :nana: i looked over it and familiarized my self with how to get to all the modes. (perfect settings by the way) so now i cannot help but to turn it on and off like a good flashohalic does when getting a new light. i only have 2 small things i do not like. one is thjat the clip looks kind of cheap, but is still sturdy (no big deal, just me being me) and there was a very small scratch near the lens that was there before it was coated. (the scratch itself is HA) but again that is me being me looking over everything looking for even the smallest thing. but i still rate it top notch and am very very happy with it. money well spent!:twothumbs

SilentK

Enlightened
regular, it is a bit better than my SF 6p led (warmer) but i would not call it warm in general. i myself like a cooler tint rather than a warmer tint. but i would not see someone not liking it . it is kinda neutral to my eyes

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
regular, it is a bit better than my SF 6p led (warmer) but i would not call it warm in general. i myself like a cooler tint rather than a warmer tint. but i would not see someone not liking it . it is kinda neutral to my eyes

Thanks for the info.

pipspeak

Enlightened
Do you think the low setting low enough to read a book in bed at night without waking up one's neighbor? Or does the 3-ish lumens on low (which is not *that* low) and 80-degree beam make it a bit too bright?

SilentK

Enlightened
ehh, that is so-so. i do not know if it would wake someone or not. for me, after getting my adapted night vision, i could do pretty much anything with the low level. including navigating at night or illuminating a whole living room to the point where you could at least see where you are going. so it is kinda bright. if i had to bet, i would put my money on that it would. so, if i were you, i would not skip out on zebralight altogerther as they are a great brand that should not be overlooked. if i were you i would go with the h60, which has a low of 0.3 lumens. good luck hunting!