Help needed Led purchase

clousb

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to purchase a tactical LED flashlight for work. I will need it to be atleast 200-225 lumens. I would like it to be adjustable from a low setting all the way through a max lumen. I need it to have a strobe function as one of the settings and would need it to have a decent clip so that it can secure to a duty belt. So far I like the JetbeamIII,Fenix TK-11, Nitecore Extreme,The EagleTac T10LC2. I am sure there are other good lights out there as well. 5.5 inches is the max in length I would like to carry. I am new to the game of LED's but already know I cannot afford a Surefire. I am looking to spend less than $100. Note: I have a Surefire E2D Executive Defender and Scout Weaponlight in incandescent. I am unsure if I can have these retrofitted for an LED at a decent price. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You can get a modder to modify the E2D, get a C adaptor so you can use P60 type drop-ins, or get a new head for the light, and I'm not sure if there are any drop-ins for the Weaponlight. Does it use a P60 style lamp?

How much throw do you need?
What kind of runtime?
Which batteries?

The Olight M20 might be a good choice too.

:welcome:

clousb

Newly Enlightened
c123 lithium batteries for the flashlight as thats what I get free through work. Throw will have to be decent and runtime atleast 1.5 hours at max lumen. Don't mean to sound like a dunce. What is a modder?C adaptor? And where would I get a new head for the light? Thanks for all your help..

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i have fenix tk11, and it doesnt have a clip.

my vote goes to
1. jetbeam pro III Military (adjustable from low to high and in between.)

2nd Olight m20 (pre set modes)

i bought my tk11 before i knew enough of lights.. it is simple to use (click on/off, twist bezel if you want high) but now, if i would be looking for similar tac light i would probably get the jetbeam M. (clip and adjustable output)

Cheapskate

Enlightened
Jetbeam III M might fit your requirements. Just be aware it has only two modes.

The first is simply maximum output. The second is a user programmable mode where you can set it for any brightness between min and max or strobe. The strobe can be set to various frequencies.

So you can have max + strobe or max + chosen brightness.

clousb

Newly Enlightened
I think I have narrowed it down between the O-light and J etbeamIII. Is there any sense retrofitting that Surefire E2D Executive Defender I already have? Will I save money by doing so? Thanks for your help, you guys are a wealth of knowledge..

Petersen

Newly Enlightened
Note: I have a Surefire E2D Executive Defender and Scout Weaponlight in incandescent. I am unsure if I can have these retrofitted for an LED at a decent price. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think that a KX2C head will fit your Scout, but I'm not 100% sure, and not sure what a "decent" price is.......... :)
Anyway enjoy your new light..

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What is a modder?C adaptor? And where would I get a new head for the light? Thanks for all your help..

Modder is someone who modifies a light to you specifications(your wishes have to be within reason)
A C adaptor for the E series is as adaptor so the Surefire E series lights can use the 6p, 9p, C2, and similar heads and use the P60 type modules.
Surefire and someone else who I can't remember right now also has a replacement head for the E series lights. There was also a drop-in made but I don't think they are manying any new ones.

If you really want strobe, go for the Olight, but then you won't have user adjustible output(The Jet III M has 2 user setable modes but no strobe). The Jetbeams with IBS (they are out of production so might be hard to find) have 3 user programmable modes and could suit your uses too.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably won't save money by modding your surefire. It is probably better to buy a new light, so you have 2 decent lights instead of one.
There are many high quality non-surefire lights that have the same or better features than surefire lights do. I would only suggest modding the surefire if you really want to stay with the surefire for some reason.

clousb

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire Rep is coming by my work to show my team some of their lights. Any preferences for the specs previously listed?? Thanks in advance