Legion II ETA ??

ScubaSnyder

Enlightened
Anyone know the Estimated time of arrival of these lights ?? I ordered mine a month ago or so and I think they said in may but just wanted to see if anyone knew anymore info on it. Aluminum version.

Thanks,

Rob

radu1976

Enlightened
I will be waiting for mine too...but end of May could be the same with beginning of June....hopefully !
popcorn.gif

I hope at least that the standard version won't have the battery contact issues the more expensive version had
shrug.gif

ScubaSnyder

Enlightened
I got an email back from the company, it seems that the lights will ship out early june as there were some changes made to make the light better. Thanks for the info though radu1976

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
Anyone know the Estimated time of arrival of these lights ?? I ordered mine a month ago or so and I think they said in may but just wanted to see if anyone knew anymore info on it. Aluminum version.

Thanks,

Rob

LOL!!! you have only waited a month!!?? join the crowd ;)

There is a Legion 2 thread over at the Marketplace, maybe you could
get more info there.

neoseikan

Enlightened
Hi, Buddy. Look at my signature, it's a good place to show the latest status, isn't it?
I think it's even better than twitter.

wingnutLP

Enlightened
Hi, Buddy. Look at my signature, it's a good place to show the latest status, isn't it?
I think it's even better than twitter.

Rather than ask directly surely it is best to ask the world at large and see if they have heard anything?

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good one Neo but! I'm not sure if you're allowed to have sales pointers on CPF proper,as far as I know you have a sales thread in the MP and that should be it! good luck :twothumbs

Last edited:

sjalbrec

Newly Enlightened
hi neoseikan,

thanks so much for posting. it is great news that you have a large quantity of bodies completed, you will soon begin the HA process, and that you only have some "final machining" to perform. all good information.

the legion II looks great and many are anxiously waiting to know when they will ship. while adding the status to your signature is a good idea, the way you have worded the status is not very specific. it may be a translation issue.

i know a small tavern in which they have a sign posted that reads: "free beer tomorrow". they think this is very funny as the advertised "tomorrow" can never arrive.

Here is the information you have told us:

"Might be done in 7days." = 7 days
"Extra 3~5 days for HA." = 5 days
"Some time for final machining." = ??

You have told us that they might be completed in 12 days plus whatever time it takes for "final machining". We have no idea how long "final machining" could take. But the most important fact is that we have no idea when you first made this 12+ day estimate. I've looked quickly at some of your old posts and have found that this signature appears as far back as March 5th, which is considerably longer than 12 days ago. All you need to do is change the beginning of your signature from "Status == BUGS FIXED!..." to "Status as of 05/20/2009 == BUGS FIXED!..."

However, since you referenced the signature today, I suppose we can assume the clock starts ticking today. 12 days from today is June 1st. Then "final machining" will start. If we add some time for final assembly and packaging for shipping, do you feel some of the standard Legion II's might ship before July 1st?

Thank you

Last edited:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi neoseikan,

thanks so much for posting. it is great news that you have a large quantity of bodies completed, you will soon begin the HA process, and that you only have some "final machining" to perform. all good information.

the legion II looks great and many are anxiously waiting to know when they will ship. while adding the status to your signature is a good idea, the way you have worded the status is not very specific. it may be a translation issue.

i know a small tavern in which they have a sign posted that reads: "free beer tomorrow". they think this is very funny as the advertised "tomorrow" can never arrive.

Here is the information you have told us:

"Might be done in 7days." = 7 days
"Extra 3~5 days for HA." = 5 days
"Some time for final machining." = ??

You have told us that they might be completed in 12 days plus whatever time it takes for "final machining". We have no idea how long "final machining" could take. But the most important fact is that we have no idea when you first made this 12+ day estimate. I've looked quickly at some of your old posts and have found that this signature appears as far back as March 5th, which is considerably longer than 12 days ago. All you need to do is change the beginning of your signature from "Status == BUGS FIXED!..." to "Status as of 05/20/2009 == BUGS FIXED!..."

However, since you referenced the signature today, I suppose we can assume the clock starts ticking today. 12 days from today is June 1st. Then "final machining" will start. If we add some time for final assembly and packaging for shipping, do you feel some of the standard Legion II's might ship before July 1st?

Thank you

Great points, sjalbrec. The only thing I would point out is that the sig is a dynamic thing--if you go to any of your old posts, you will see that your current (i.e., newest) sig is displayed there. Thus, looking back at neo's old posts won't tell you anything...

But I agree... there are many who have been waiting a LOOOOOOONG time for this light. I am going to watch very carefully for initial reviews before pulling trigger on this one. I am EXTREMELY excited about this light and think that it will be a home run once all the bugs are out, but: Caveat Emptor!

neoseikan

Enlightened
Hi, People. It's not a home run this time.
We added a little structure to help workers install the driver easily.
It's a great advantage!
My partners are great engineers, they can not be wasted in this kind of work!
And the final machining means, when the HA is done, we need to get some "conduct surface", so, the parts will be put back to the CNC machine again one by one. This step is very important.