AT&T U-verse

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some questions about this service (Internet only, don't care about TV or phone plan)

A question for anyone who had AT&T dial up and switched to U-verse. Did you retain your @att.net email address and Web hosting space or did it change?

What speeds do you get if you have tested.

Dropouts/ downtime?

Thanks for any help!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
No down time or dropouts here, I have the 6mbps plan and this is what I actually get right now

AlexGT

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
No down time or dropouts here, I have the 6mbps plan and this is what I actually get right now

AlexGT

How much extra is the 6mbps plan, over the base high speed plan? U-Verse isn't available in our area yet (although, our friend who lives very close in the same city has it), but as soon as it becomes available, we're getting it, the whole shebang.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I took the plunge today. Ditched my DirectV, and so far, I'm more than thrilled with the complete U-450 install done today. Got voice, internet, & HDTV. DVR is 250GB size which I wish was larger, but can deal with it.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
This old thread I opened in May. I have since ditched the idea. Couldn't get reasonable price for Internet service. Some won't sell Internet service alone. I'd have to get TV as well. I don't watch much TV (Haven't had TV on in 3 days) so this makes no sense.

I am getting internet for free now. The city is providing a free Wifi signal. I had to make a high gain "cantenna" to receive the signal however. I get 2mbps down and 6mbps up (yes it seems reversed). There are no adverts to deal with like the free Harborlink service we once had (sucked).