TK20 dreams.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Anyone here also want a TK20 with a low mode and maybe a Q3-5A? Sure the increase of a Q3 can't be all that great and is secondary to my want for a low mode say 5-6 lumens. Anyone out there also wishing for the same thing or am I just picky. :D

ruriimasu

Enlightened
i dont know.. i am still waiting for my tk20 to arrive to my home. so far, i think Q4 already exists in the market. i just hope somehow fenix would automatically upgrade the LED but forgot to notify the dealers and distributors :p

Niconical

Enlightened
One thing I would definitely buy would be a 1xCR123A version of the TK20.

I emailed 4sevens a while back to ask, but they knew of no plans for a 1xCR123A body :(

Marko

Newly Enlightened
Low mode would be nice. Perhaps Fenix could make special tailcap for TK20, something like NiteIze IQ Switch, so it would be easy to update new modes for old versions too.... :popcorn:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that each one has different wishes, which they can't put together.

I would want a light OP reflector, to give it a little more spill even if I have to trade some throw. In order to keep things right, a litle more power would be good, this could probably been achieved with a Q3, but I definetely want to keep the color temperature and don't know if this is possible.

Then forget about the clip and give it a lanyard (I preffer long ones, to hang the light around my neck).

:whistle:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
The main reason I do not own this light is due to the reflector. A light/medium OP would be perfect for me. I would not mind a higher efficiency bin, either.

Marduke

Flashaholic
i dont know.. i am still waiting for my tk20 to arrive to my home. so far, i think Q4 already exists in the market. i just hope somehow fenix would automatically upgrade the LED but forgot to notify the dealers and distributors :p

Q2 is the min spec bin. There is nothing keeping them from using higher right now, just as they did with the CE series. I suspect there are already many TK20's out there with Q3 and Q4 bins.

Woods Walker

I just can't get over the no low mode thing. If not for that I would buy a TK20 in a second. I guess Fenix has a reason for the general mode with turbo but still there are lots of times when using a light outside that a low mode works well and the light seems to be marketed for the outdoors.

Woods Walker

I see that each one has different wishes, which they can't put together.

I would want a light OP reflector, to give it a little more spill even if I have to trade some throw. In order to keep things right, a litle more power would be good, this could probably been achieved with a Q3, but I definetely want to keep the color temperature and don't know if this is possible.

Then forget about the clip and give it a lanyard (I preffer long ones, to hang the light around my neck).

:whistle:

+1 on a lanyard over a clip.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The TK20 is a thrower. A low low is rather useless with a thrower since the beam pattern is also equally useless at close range.

For a low low close range floody light, ZebraLight is probably a better choice.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing I'd like to see changed would be the use of the XP-E. I'm a big fan of "general" modes and would really hate to see them drop it for a low low. I don't actually have the TK20, my reason is the damn beam, which the XP-E would take care of and may give better throw.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Q2 is the min spec bin. There is nothing keeping them from using higher right now, just as they did with the CE series. I suspect there are already many TK20's out there with Q3 and Q4 bins.

it would be a big bonus if mine comes in a higher bin than Q2. how do i check whether mine is Q3 or Q4 and not Q2? I'll post back when i get my light :)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix needs to offer a diffuser like the Surefire F04 for the TK series and their other series of lights. This would make lights like the TK20 much better for close range tasks.

Woods Walker

The TK20 is a thrower. A low low is rather useless with a thrower since the beam pattern is also equally useless at close range.

I have a few Zebralights. I didn't consider the throw in terms of a low mode on the TK20. Thanks for that info. I did a search on the TK20 and see it has a nice lanyard hole so the clip vs. lanyard issue is dead as can make one out of paracord. However I didn't see any longer term reports on durability. The only issue I found in my search was a rotating rubber grip problem.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I would venture that the TK20 is one of the most durable lights out there. Mine has been beaten, banged, dropped onto rocks, submerged in water and slime, hosed off, dinged, and smeared with mud (not necessarily in that order). It still works perfectly.

The twisty grip issue was fixed after the first batch. It was fixed in the first batch with a quick shot of hairspray.

I'll snap a couple pics next time it comes out of a muddy cave (check back with me on June 6th)

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened

Precisely! The TK20 was made for certain reasons. For outdoors and possibly SAR. It's narrower beam makes distant objects, animals, and humans have better color retention and depth. And to cut smoke, fog, and rain. For it's harsh use purpose and conditions, I don't think Fenix could have made a better light.

For lower mode and general purpose close-mid range use for outdoor camping, backpacking, etc., that's why I also carry the LD20.

clg0159

Enlightened
My TK20 dream is simply to own one! I have wanted this light for quite a while:sick: I just hope it is still around when I can finally afford it!