E2D LED

SnakeEyes20

Newly Enlightened
hi i own the e2d led (5/120 lumen output) flashlight and was wondering if they made aftermarket tail switches, specifically a switch that would add a strobing feature to this flashlight, if not, is there anyone that can make a customized switch online? thanks for the info

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Surefire do not make a strobing tail cap. Although there are some C/P series strobe tailcaps available, I don't think there are any E series ones.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF
:welcome:

Aftermarket implies a manufacturer other than SureFire, and I'm not aware of any entity big or small that offers an aftermarket TailCap for the E-Series that has a strobing 'feature'.

As mentioned, SureFire themselves do not offer such a thing although there are a variety of TailCaps and switch options available for the E-Series.

FYI, it is convention to refer to the E2D LED as "E2DL" to avoid any confusion with the incandescent version E2D. The same applies with other SureFires that are LED versions of existing products (6PL, Z2L, C2L, G2L, G2ZL, 6PDL etc)

I'm not sure what would be involved in designing and shrinking? the strobing feature into an E-Series TailCap form-factor. There are plenty of E-Series models that could make use of a such an aftermarket strobing TailCap. The electronics and mechanics for such a concept, along with the user interface (UI) to operate it could make an interesting discussion/project.

Al :)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Lightsaver makes them for ...the E series lights. I know brigade quartermasters carries them.
Interesting.
Unless we already have a well-developed thread on the one for the E-Series, we can turn this thread into feedback/discussion of it if people get them...

SnakeEyes20

Newly Enlightened
found it at brigade quartermaster, but it is on backorder, will order it in a couple of days and let you guys know how it turns out, its 25$ For those of you who are interested

SnakeEyes20

Newly Enlightened
i just realized that the lightsaver tailcap is for use in incandescent flashlights only, on the brigade quartermaster site, it says "not for use in led lights just fyi,dont know if it will work with an led or burn it out?? if anyone else can help me out in finding a strobing switch for the e2d, id greatly appreciate it

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
i just realized that the lightsaver tailcap is for use in incandescent flashlights only, on the brigade quartermaster site, it says "not for use in led lights just fyi,dont know if it will work with an led or burn it out?? if anyone else can help me out in finding a strobing switch for the e2d, id greatly appreciate it
If the aftermarket tailcap only works for incandescent lights then it should be fine on the E2D.
I presume you're still after one for the E2DL?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If this talicap was made and used on the E2DL, the light bursts will be low-high-low-high-low-high and so on. The light changes modes when it senses the light being turned on-off-on quickly.

Howecollc

Enlightened
If this talicap was made and used on the E2DL, the light bursts will be low-high-low-high-low-high and so on. The light changes modes when it senses the light being turned on-off-on quickly.
I'm with Gunner12; manually flashing the tailcap as fast as you can yields an uneven combination of high and low flashes (sometimes 2 high followed by 1 low, sometimes 1 high then 1 low). The lows being thrown into the mix causes the total display to be significantly less brilliant than that of, say, my L4 which flashes only at maximum output when played with manually.

I think the strobing tailcap would give a mediocre brightness with the E2DL due to it's UI. Just flash 'em with your cell phone status LED.