LiteFlux LF3XT arrived today I'm impressed.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
First I have to say I'm impressed with the build quality from Liteflux,the anodizing is perfect the machining top class best bang for the buck IMHO :)

All threads are smooth and ample,ok it's not as robustly built as say the Ra but! I can see the LF3XT being just as reliable.

One thing about the LF3XT if it has a switch failure it wont be so hard to repair as you can access the micro switch very easily,something you cant do with the Ra.

Now the beam profile the LF3XT puts out is IMO just perfect,yes I know some Ra owners wont like this but! I think the LF3XT is just as good in this department,and maybe better over all BTW that's JMO

To me the LF3XT feels very solid in the hand and surprisingly "being straight bodied" it has good grip feel to it and feels secure.

I kept the best till last that's the UI straight out the box within seconds I was able to use this light in CUI,and kudos to Liteflux for doing this :twothumbs one click the light comes on press and hold and it ramps up,click again and press and hold it ramps down perfect!

From on click press and hold and it goes to max,you can set from on any level you like,so next time if you want very low just ramp down to low and turn off,max setting is always just click press and hold away :thumbsup:

For now I wont even go into the full-function UI as it's recommended you get used to the basic one first,but hey! the basic UI may suite you anyway it's nice and easy IMO.

I'm not going into the thing is it better than the Ra or Novatac period,but if you asked me is it as good well! I would say you can't go wrong and I would recommend getting the LF3XT as an alternative.

Let's put it this way I have owned all three and all three have their good bits and bad bits,so take your pick anyone of these three are fantastic lights for EDC the hardest thing for most would be choosing one.

If anyone is thinking of maybe getting a LF3XT I highly recommend you do,it's simply that good, well done Liteflux fantastic little light :twothumbs

Now some pictures it's mandatory here on CPF :D

comes in a nice wooden box with lanyard,tub of lube and spare o-rings

010-3.jpg

Nice knurling offers good grip for a small light.

007-9.jpg

Nice frosty op reflector for that perfect beam :twothumbs

006-12.jpg

down into the led looks perfectly centred.

009-8.jpg

tail standing perfectly :thumbsup:

008-9.jpg

the tail end showing the tack switch button

005-15.jpg

Nice smooth beam

008-10.jpg

Yes I know I'm late to the LF3XT party but! better late than never.:party:

Last edited:

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
Re: LF3XT arrived today I'm impressed.

Yes it is a nice little light. Your right about the beam too, almost
perfect for its size. Overall, I like it better than my Nitecore d10,
and definitely better than the Ra clicky, which I sold.

Igor Porto

Enlightened

Great light! Beamshots are welcome, specially comparing to the D10 and outdoors. :)

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah and with the soon to be released AA battery tube,some may like that as it comes with a clip,I'm not really a clip lover but I may get the tube to try out and also in a crisis AA's will be easier to find ;)

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Titan, Glad to see you like your new LF3XT. Nice pics. I think Liteflux is finally getting the attention and hopefully sales they deserve. These really are the Crown Jewel in many ways. I hope Liteflux keeps expanding the models and keeps an open ear as it seems they have in the past to what us flashaholics want for features. I'm looking forward to the new LF2XT with yet more features they have incorporated into the UI (programmable Auto shutoff being a really nice addition). I can't think of much else they can do to make this light better unless they want to make a heavier body version with a stainless steel bezel. If Liteflux can do that (make it as tough as a Ra) or Ra could get the quality control that Liteflux has with Liteflux pricing then I think that would just about be the Holy Grail of lights. I don't really expect Ra to achieve that but I could see Liteflux possibly doing a super tough body version of the LF3XT (with the newest UI features please :D ).

bltkmt

Enlightened

Great writeup, thanks! Can you (or someone) explain the feel of the switch? I haven't tried one of these yet and am curious what the switch is like?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great writeup, thanks! Can you (or someone) explain the feel of the switch? I haven't tried one of these yet and am curious what the switch is like?

The switch is pretty soft to activate. This is especially so to those who are used to EX10's PD switch. And for LF3XT, the off is about half a second delayed.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great review for a great light! :thumbsup:

I also have one, and I have a Clicky. There's already a thread about which one for EDC, well, I EDC both of them.

While the lights can be compared for their functions and their beam, they can't for their build. The LF3XT isn't as tough as the Clicky, the switch is "open", the lens is thinner. So, My Liteflux lies on my nightdesk to serve at night, mostly at the lowest setting, which is very nice. I attached a ring and a long lanyard.

The Clicky is in my pocket when I go outdoors. It hasn't got horns and just feels much tougher, the shape is better to keep in hand.

The switch feels unusual, but the one of the Clicky does about the same. I have no light with piston drive, perhaps it can be compared to that, I don't know. It's a clicky without noticeable click, the way is quite short. If it attracts dirt, it might nor work normal anymore. That's why I wouldn't want to carry it in my pocket (and the horns...).

The quality of the LF3XT is outstanding, same for the beam, the functions and the price. If you want a Clicky that's cheap, it's your light! :thumbsup:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's soft press to start then it has a slight tactile feel,that's how I would explain it.

The switch is pretty soft to activate. This is especially so to those who are used to EX10's PD switch. And for LF3XT, the off is about half a second delayed.
Yeah there is a very slight delay but! it's not annoyingly so :thumbsup:

Titan, Glad to see you like your new LF3XT. Nice pics. I think Liteflux is finally getting the attention and hopefully sales they deserve. These really are the Crown Jewel in many ways. I hope Liteflux keeps expanding the models and keeps an open ear as it seems they have in the past to what us flashaholics want for features. I'm looking forward to the new LF2XT with yet more features they have incorporated into the UI (programmable Auto shutoff being a really nice addition). I can't think of much else they can do to make this light better unless they want to make a heavier body version with a stainless steel bezel. If Liteflux can do that (make it as tough as a Ra) or Ra could get the quality control that Liteflux has with Liteflux pricing then I think that would just about be the Holy Grail of lights. I don't really expect Ra to achieve that but I could see Liteflux possibly doing a super tough body version of the LF3XT (with the newest UI features please :D ).
Yes you are right,Liteflux seem to be catching up with some of the big vendours and the LF2XT will be hard to beat in the AAA lights category IMO.I think from what I see in the LF3XT Liteflux will I'm sure listen and bring out a much tougher build next time,for now!though the LF3XT's build is pretty good bear in mind the price $60 :twothumbs

Great review for a great light! :thumbsup:

I also have one, and I have a Clicky. There's already a thread about which one for EDC, well, I EDC both of them.

While the lights can be compared for their functions and their beam, they can't for their build. The LF3XT isn't as tough as the Clicky, the switch is "open", the lens is thinner. So, My Liteflux lies on my nightdesk to serve at night, mostly at the lowest setting, which is very nice. I attached a ring and a long lanyard.

The Clicky is in my pocket when I go outdoors. It hasn't got horns and just feels much tougher, the shape is better to keep in hand.

The switch feels unusual, but the one of the Clicky does about the same. I have no light with piston drive, perhaps it can be compared to that, I don't know. It's a clicky without noticeable click, the way is quite short. If it attracts dirt, it might nor work normal anymore. That's why I wouldn't want to carry it in my pocket (and the horns...).

The quality of the LF3XT is outstanding, same for the beam, the functions and the price. If you want a Clicky that's cheap, it's your light! :thumbsup:
Granted the Ra has that bomb proof build but! often I ask myself is that kinda build needed hmm :thinking: I think for EDC the LF3XT will survive just as well,so long as you don't throw it against a wall or if you're prone to dropsy's ooops! then get a Ra :twothumbs

HKJ

Flashaholic

The LiteFlux does not have anything like a piston drive (It has an inner sleeve, but this is not a piston), but I believe it has an o-ring around the button and it takes away a lot of the feel of the switch.

civic77

Newly Enlightened

How aggressive is the knurling on the LF3XT? I just got a RA Clicky and am very impressed but wish the knurling was more like Surefire style. Also how is the output compared to Clicky140CT, Titan1833 or anyone who knows? Been thinking of getting a LF3XT for around the house and at work due to small size, thanks.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

How aggressive is the knurling on the LF3XT? I just got a RA Clicky and am very impressed but wish the knurling was more like Surefire style. Also how is the output compared to Clicky140CT, Titan1833 or anyone who knows? Been thinking of getting a LF3XT for around the house and at work due to small size, thanks.
Well I had the 140cn which is made for throw,but the LF3XT is brighter in spill.The knurling is not aggressive on the LF3XT but!IMO it feels the knurling offers better grip than the Ra a bit like shark skin is the only way I could explain it ;)

[edit]Oh I would say they put out around the same lumens.

@HKJ yes I think you can make it more tactile by playing around with the switch,though I haven't as yet

Last edited:

s.c.

Newly Enlightened

I have one as well and I agree that its a fantastic light. However, it's not my EDC as I kept accidentally engaging the switch when its in my pocket (either loose in the pocket or attached to a lanyard that's attached to my belt loop, I don't like holsters). The light would be on at least a third of time I retrieved it. The first mode is programmed for the lowest low, so its not a huge deal, but I choose not to carry it every day.

Its an awesome light if you know you'll be using it. I use it as my bedside light and for walking the dog at night. I'd imagine I'd use it for camping or any situation where I'm more likely to use a holster.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Welcome to the club, Titan. Sounds like you understand what we've (I've) been raving about since buying this light. Copy Budman's great flowchart for assistance when you feel like getting into the FUI.

Glad you're happy with the purchase.

Geoff

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast

Titan... another welcome to the LF3XT club.... yes, they're wonderful lights. And for myself, I have no need to venture beyond the simple user interface. Works great, easy to remember, does everything that I would want it to do (quick to high, quick to low, quick to ramp anywhere in-between, & memory). I especially like how easily (and silently) the button presses... a light touch is all that's needed... something I really appreciate (especially compared to my D10). And then there's that awesome beam as well! :twothumbs

I will pick up the AA tube for it along with the upcoming LF2XT.

Now... if Liteflux will just make an LF3XTx that takes a protected 18650... WOW, I'd bag one of those in a hot hurry.

Last edited:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

@Flying Turtle and DHart thanks for the welcome guys I feel like a newbie all over again :thumbsup: BTW for those who carry this in the pocket there's always the lock out function useful too if your just throwing it in a pack pack :D actually there's two lock outs tail and body so you can be double sure :devil:

[edit]Flying Turtle I must confess I down loaded the charts a week ago:sssh: however I'll play some more with the CUI before I venture into FFUI after all I want the honey moon period to last a little ;)

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree with Titan, the knurling is more aggressive than the one on the Ra, but not so aggressive as the one on my L4. I put my Victorinox Spirit in a leather holster in the same pocket on my backpack. Well, I shouldn't have done that, the knurling of the L4 did a good job on the leather... :ohgeez:

I've got the 140C and to my eyes the beams are quite the same, I just tested! The tint of my Clicky seems more yellowish compared to the purplish of the LF3XT, perhaps the Clicky has a bit less hotspot and a bit more spill. If you know that the Ra has a P4 because of its smoother beam while the LF3XT has the XR-E with the ugly rings you can't notice here... As for the output, dificult to say because of the different tints and the little differences in the beam. I would tend to say the LF3XT puts out a little bit more than the Clicky on bust. It definetely puts out more than the Clicky after the burst (100 Lumen).

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast

LF3XT has the XR-E with the ugly rings you can't notice here...

There seems to be unanimous input from owners of the LF3XT that there are no ugly CREE rings... just a buttery, smooth transition from a nice good-sized hotspot to an even bright spill... Liteflux did an amazing job of giving the XR-E Q5 a gorgeous beam. :thumbsup:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

There seems to be unanimous input from owners of the LF3XT that there are no ugly CREE rings... just a buttery, smooth transition from a nice good-sized hotspot to an even bright spill... Liteflux did an amazing job of giving the XR-E Q5 a gorgeous beam. :thumbsup:
Absolutely no rings or artefacts in the beam but!I think what Henk_Lu meant lights generally using XRE's are know for rings but! there are none with the LF3XT :twothumbs well I hope that's what he meant or he's alone lol.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree, but the way it was written, it might be possible for someone to think that the LF3XT *might* have XR-E rings and I wanted to make it very clear to any new readers that you can rely on the LF3XT having a GORGEOUS, ring-free beam! :party:

Latest posts