McLux!!

lhz

Newly Enlightened
Better late than never. I got my McLux courtesy of a trade with McGizmo, collecting the light locally from Hotfoot himself(who bought me dinner!). Thanks guys, I owe you big! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

233_mclux.jpg

PS. After turning off all the lights and comparing beamshots, the McLux beats the living crap out of my KL1 w/Ele. Much whiter, and much brighter! KL1 looks purplish and sickly by comparison /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe - thanks for the plug, lhz - that was fast and you're a man true to your word indeed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
lhz,

You were after a trade in SG so we tried to accomodate you! I hope Hotfoot doesn't think he's setting a new trend with the free dinner though............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I have to do to fund that dinner is to raffle off your M2, Don! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif :p

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
AlphaTea said:
Did you take the Ti clip off? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I still owe him the clip! Why do ya think I had to buy the guy dinner! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
I'm glad you like your McLux lhz. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I envy you!.... Meeting one of the Skunk Crew in person... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I hope you have a great time with it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Raindrop

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

That is a REALLY nice light. I have to get one of those ( working on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) Congratulations on the great light.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I envy you too. It looks like you have an excellent light there and you got to meet one of the good Skunks.

I've only met the bad kind of skunk, the smelly kind./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Pat

Darell

Flashaholic
Man... complicated trade process. Sounds like it worked out well for everybody except for the guy who had to foot the dinner bill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So speaking of "Skunks" - when we were looking for a name, my choice was The Scratch and Sniff Gang - but that didn't fly.

lhz

Newly Enlightened
I'll buy you lunch/or dinner when you pass me the clip Leo. I'll get a beamshot comparison bet my KL1 and McLux tonight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lhz

Newly Enlightened
Beamshots

Well, its official, I suck at taking beamshots.
Will need a larger tripod, room amongst other things. This shot really doesn't do the McLux any credit, but you can see the much whiter and more focused hotspot of the McLux(on the right) in the picture. I'm not too sure how to put it, but the McLux has a much wider 'flood' than the KL1 too. The difference is much greater in person, this photo doesn't really show just how bright the McLux really is.

233_shot1.jpg

lhz

Newly Enlightened
Re: Beamshots

The trade-off, according to Leo, is that you're stuck with the NX-05, optics-wise. The McFlood won't work well with this. Fine by me, I like a more focused beam anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Being the greedy ******* that I am, I wish I could have gotten one of the turnkey units as well. I like to have my cake and eat it too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Beamshots

What are in BadBoys, MadMaxs and LGIs? LD or HD?
*edit*
Nevermind...LDs.

Hey wait a double-minute. Square grilled beam artifacts? 5 Watt? Or do 1 Watt HDs do that also?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re:McLux

Hi guys,

Mind if I change the subject title back so I can find this dang thread? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

T.I. Nascar,

So I guess we are going to have to build you a HD unit? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Re:McLux

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Hi guys,

Mind if I change the subject title back so I can find this dang thread? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

T.I. Nascar,

So I guess we are going to have to build you a HD unit? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

[/ QUOTE ]

... but of course.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:McLux and the NX-01 optic

oh, here it is,the McLux thread, I just wanted to mention that I tried the NX-01 optic and it's really a nice compromise between the McFlood and the NX-05 optic, not quite the hot spot of NX-05 but a larger, smoother, slightly more floodlike beam and I like it a lot.