• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 250mW Red / 130mW Blu-Ray Burning Laser Hosts $75 Shipped

whatsupadrian

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE: NO LONGER SELLING COMPLETE LASER BUILDS - However I do sell a very nice HOST that makes it very easy to assemble a laser. Simply connect the wires to the diode pressed in aixiz head and tighten the set screw. These Red and Blu-Ray hosts are very sleek and comfortable in your hand. The hosts are very nicely machined with four colors to choose from. The laser is powered by 2 rechargeable CR2 batteries and is drivin by the famous Rkcstr Micro-Drive. The driver is protected within a "capsule" to protect it and the wires from being twisted or broken/shorted. The drivers will be preset to any current you choose. Default current will be 250mW for Red and 130mW for Blu-Ray. You also have the choice of either a black or silver lanyard. The pot is even accessable for adjustments.

$75 Shipped WORLD WIDE
That includes:
Choice of BLACK BLUE RED or SILVER host
Choice of BLACK or SILVER lanyard
2x Rechargeable CR2 Batteries
Rkcstr Driver Preset to any current.
Custom machined heatsink
Easy STEP by STEP Pictorial.

You can buy Red modules here
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=40389 $13 shipped
http://hightechdealz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2 $23.38

You can buy Blu-Ray modules here
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=40389 $13 shipped
http://hightechdealz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4 $23.38

You can usually search around the forum and find them for $17 sometimes cheaper.

I have to figure out if I'm allowed to sell modules along with my hosts. Someone please fill me in if you ACTUALLY know.

Pics of the kit:
host1.jpg

host2.jpg

host3.jpg

host4.jpg

Pics after you install the module:
BlueRayDemo1.jpg

BlueRayDemo2.jpg

BlueRayDemo3.jpg

BlueRayDemo4.jpg

BlueRayDemo5.jpg

BlueRayDemo6.jpg

BlueRayDemo7.jpg

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mTXN1wU86U

Last edited:

acourvil

Enlightened
Re: FS: 250mW Red / 130mW Blu-Ray Burning Lasers

I think I'd like one, but I have a few questions:

Will it work with CR2 primaries (i.e., 3.0V)?

Do you have a recommendation for the power setting (i.e., is there a sweet spot that is the best compromise of power/heat/running time?

What kind of switch is used (momentary, clicky, etc.)

Are these IR filtered?

Thanks

whatsupadrian

Newly Enlightened

I think I'd like one, but I have a few questions:

Will it work with CR2 primaries (i.e., 3.0V)?

Do you have a recommendation for the power setting (i.e., is there a sweet spot that is the best compromise of power/heat/running time?

What kind of switch is used (momentary, clicky, etc.)

Are these IR filtered?

Thanks
Yes it will work with CR2 Primaries (3v)
The ideal range for the phr-803t blu ray diode is between 100-125mW, they have gone up to 300mW but that is highly not recommended.
The ideal range for the LPC-815 red diode is 250mW, they can go 300mW but i dont recommend that.

Also if anyone needs references from me, PM me and ill give you some.

whatsupadrian

Newly Enlightened

IR filters aren't really necessary in these pointers. They become necessary in green and other dpss pointers. Simply put, the green lasers are actually IR lasers shining through a crystal that changes the wavelength. Without them you could be hurting your eyes from looking at the beam or dot.

B@rt

Flashaholic

These are turnkey right?
If so I'll take a black host with 125mW Blu-Ray laser and black lanyard please. :thanks:

Last edited:

acourvil

Enlightened

O.k., I'll take a blue host with a 125 blu-ray and silver lanyard.

Let me know how to pay (paypal address?)

whatsupadrian

Newly Enlightened

O.k., I'll take a blue host with a 125 blu-ray and silver lanyard.

Let me know how to pay (paypal address?)

I take paypal yes. PM Sent. Thanks a bunch. These will probably be in today's mail and you live VERY close to me, I'm near Fresno.

Last edited:

whatsupadrian

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: 250mW Red / 130mW Blu-Ray Burning Lasers $90 shipped

lol my bad.

YES they are "turn key" ready to go out of the package.

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened

Okay, stupid question time. What can you do with these? Will the Blu-Ray versions light matches or cigs, burn paper, anything like that?

Randy

whatsupadrian

Newly Enlightened

They say you can light cigarettes with them, but I haven't been able to with the blu-ray. The blu-ray will sting your skin, it will burn black tape, pop balloons, light matches. I "engraved" my name in my keyboard with one. PM Sent. Blu-ray light is Ultra Violet light, so it works like a black light fluorescing everything that a black light would.

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

These look nice. Are the hosts plain or engraved with there brand name? It looks like one of them says Husky?

Mac

whatsupadrian

Newly Enlightened

These look nice. Are the hosts plain or engraved with there brand name? It looks like one of them says Husky?

Mac
The RED SILVER and BLUE host are clear with no writing on them at all, the Black one says HUSKY on it.

RocketTomato

Enlightened

Whatsupadrian, these are extremely dangerous high output lasers and you should post some warnings, safety considerations and precautions. What class lasers are these? These lasers are very powerful and can instantly cause permanent eye damage.

This is mainly a flashlight forum and some/many of the people interested in these items might be unaware as to how dangerous they can actually be.

Note for reference, a typical laser pointer is 1-5 mW.

jefft

Enlightened

whatsupadrian, how visible is the beam on the blue-ray unit? Is it bright enough to use as a star-pointer? Is it less visible or equivalent to a 30mW green laser?

whatsupadrian

Newly Enlightened

whatsupadrian, how visible is the beam on the blue-ray unit? Is it bright enough to use as a star-pointer? Is it less visible or equivalent to a 30mW green laser?

They say about 15mW of green = 100mW of Blu-ray... Yes it is visible enough to point out stars clearly. That in mind, you can clearly see 5mW of green in the sky...

Last edited: