Anything w/more bang 4 the buck than the EagleTac P100A2?

CaliColin

Newly Enlightened
Long time lurker. Looking for a bright 2xAA with simple interface (don't need more than 2 modes). Willing to sacrifice runtime. A bright hotspot is key. I'm a newbie so complex custom mods are not my thing. For $40 shipped, this puppy seems like a bargain. People who seem to know a lot about lights seem to like it. Anything else I should be looking at?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long time lurker. Looking for a bright 2xAA with simple interface (don't need more than 2 modes). Willing to sacrifice runtime. A bright hotspot is key. I'm a newbie so complex custom mods are not my thing. For $40 shipped, this puppy seems like a bargain. People who seem to know a lot about lights seem to like it. Anything else I should be looking at?
I highly doubt it. Just go ahead and pull the trigger...

Wilkerson Brasil

Newly Enlightened
I have a P100A2. Great light for this price. The beam of this light with new cree X-PE is very good. Not so many artifacts as XR-E. Good throw.
You will not believe in what a good 2xAA flashlight can do.

Cons: low mode is too hi.

You can´t go wrong

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only other 2 x AAs at about that pricepoint or below with 2 modes and a bright hotspot would be the Fenix L2T v2 ($49 before cpf discount) and the Romisen RC-N3 Q5 II from Shiningbeam, at I think about $26. The L2T will not be as bright on hi as the EagleTac, but still pretty darn bright, and the lo is much lower, and you will get better runtime on both levels than the EagleTac. The RC-N3 will be not as bright on hi, and maybe about the same brightness on lo, wirh I think, better runtime on both levels.

The Eagletac may very well have the smoothest beam, and be the most rugged of the three.

Check out selfbuilt's 2 x AA comparison review in the reviews section, I think all three lights are written up in there, with beamshots, output measurements and runtime graphs. (All hail selfbuilt...:bow::bow::bow:)

CaliColin

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the comments. I ordered one thru Pacific Tactical Solutions.

CaliColin

Newly Enlightened
I received the light from PTS. No bumps in the road and the price was unbeatable so I will surely be a repeat customer. When I switched it on at the office and pointed it at the ceiling tiles, my cubicle neighbors started prairie-dogging up and down and saying DAMN what the hell? They could not believe that this was coming from two AA's. Mind you this was in the presence of your typical office environment fluorescent lighting. I believe that gives this light a resounding :thumbsup:

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't used the P100A2 yet, but I think the T100C2 with a set of 18650's is one sweet and economical package! EagleTac's got a great line going for them.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should try my current fav...the ITP C8 tactical. You can get it at Shiningbeam for around $45.00. I think they even give a CPF discount. It is made rock solid, about 190 lumens max, and has the easiest and smoothest user interface. It can adjust anywhere from 6 to 190 lumens by just turning the head.

Mike