are leds the most eficant means of light

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i mean back when i was growing up it was a coleman latern but hell now they have led latenrs as bright as a coleman gas powered light to me thats amazeing plus they are brighter then gas and last way longer per money spent 4 d batts will light a light at 300 lumens for 75 hours.

clint eastwood

Newly Enlightened
What.

And as far as I am aware, any LED lantern I have seen will not produce as much light outwards as a gas coleman lantern.

I would consider the sun the most efficient source of light for us. That's a big run on sentence by the way.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
What.

And as far as I am aware, any LED lantern I have seen will not produce as much light outwards as a gas coleman lantern.

I would consider the sun the most efficient source of light for us. That's a big run on sentence by the way.

and i put it in the wrong section sorry about that im half a sleep.im looking at the rayovac 300 lumen light its 300 lumens at 3 d cells for 75 hours thats insane efficacy

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
and i put it in the wrong section sorry about that im half a sleep.im looking at the rayovac 300 lumen light its 300 lumens at 3 d cells for 75 hours thats insane efficacy

That's creative advertising that's what that is. The most efficient light source would depend on what light level you were looking for and possibly other enviromental factors, not to mention output duration. There are lots of light technologies.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
That's creative advertising that's what that is. The most efficient light source would depend on what light level you were looking for and possibly other enviromental factors, not to mention output duration. There are lots of light technologies.

o i thought they was being honest i was thinking thats just crazy cool i mean 300 lumens 75 hours for 3 d cells

raggie33

*the raggedier*